when the dead talk

" Lauren, honey where are you!" Mom! Mom! I'm here! I began yelling. It was so dark, I couldn't see anything around me and it was cold, so cold. "Lauren!" Mom! I cried out and tears began to stream down my cheeks and began stumbling in the darkness.

All the sudden I felt something grab ahold of me and I jumped backwards stumbling over and hitting the ground. " honey it's me open your eyes." As I began to open my eyes I light was so bright and I had to squint and then she came into focus. Mom! Oh mom! I miss you, and jumped into her arms crying. " honey dont cry, things will be okay."

I know this is just a dream and It cant really be you but I. And just as i was mumbling out my next words she put her finger on my lips" yes a dream in some sorts but real and I cant explain right now, but Lauren honey you are in danger. I looked up at her confused and scared. What are you talking about mom?

Honey, there are so many things I kept you in the dark about, it was for your safety. We were doing so well I thought, keeping you as far away from this place but I failed. Failed? What are you talking about failed? I'm so confused and I began weeping again. "Lauren look at me!" And I looked up, she looked almost like an angel. "Focus!" She said putting her soft hands on either side of my face.

You need to find grandpa! Okay, mom what are you talking about grandpa? I didn't even know who he was. Okay, who is he? My head felt like it was going to explode, this was to much! " Honey your my special girl and I love you so much and I did what I had to do to protect you from your path from your heritage from your birthright. " My birthright, what do you mean?

" Your a protecor of the tribe, your gifts will be strong I could feel it and unfortunately so could he, and he will stop at nothing to stop you from reaching your fullest. " Wait stop! And I pulled away staring at her. What do you mean protecor? " I don't have long and I can't explain anymore but please find grandpa Hummingbird. He is waiting for you and you are the only one who can stop what I fear has already begun."

I woke up drenched, my sheets were soaked and I was so confused. My dreams have always scared me, and well this one, geez it did much more than that. Something was terribly wrong I could feel it. It felt so real, and I reached over to grab my phone to look at the time and noticed something by my phone, a necklace. I picked it up gingerly with two fingers while turning my bedside lamp on with my free hand. This elegant necklace i now held in my palm was my mom's favorite piece of jewelry and she was wearing it the night of her and dad's accident. How did it get here? My stomach began to drop and I felt sick. This wasnt just a dream this was a message, a warning maybe. This was to much to process, the room began to tilt and I got sick.  I ran down the hall to the bathroom hopingnto make it, thank God I did. When I felt like I could sit up without getting woozy I pulled myself off the floor and stumbled to the bathroom to rinsed my mouth out and grabbed a washcloth, trying to be as quiet as I could I tipped toe back to my room. Plopping down across my bed I glanced over looking at my clock, 4 am! Ugg, I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, that just great. Since I cant go back to sleep I guess I can go ahead and unpack some more of my things I had brought with me. Even though I tried busying myself  I still couldn't stop thinking about my dream though and rememberd why I got sick a minute ago.  Mom's necklace!