home sweet home

Inside the house was possibly more beautiful and breathtaking as the outside was. The staircase was the first thing I noticed as I walked through the door. The craftsmanship was unbelievably beautiful as well, it was like everything flowed together like a melody and for some odd reason I felt calmer as I stepped across the threshold. This is the most I have felt at ease in a long time. It's like a veil was wrapped around me a soft silky veil of peace.

    Are you okay? I heard from behind me. Oh, Ya! wow your house is wow! Hahaha, she laughed softly. Yes it is, but I'm not the person that deserves the credit. Actually it's your third great grandfather that technically deserves it all. He built this house with his own two hands.
   Seriously! I blurted in awe. Wow, he must have been something to build something so beautiful.
  Oh he was sweetie, he really was. Dad, your granddad use to tell me stories all the time about him, and you wouldn't believe some of the things he had done. But there is plenty of time later, first we really should get you and your brother settled in, okay.
   Alright. As walked up the stairs I noticed pictures on the wall running the of the staircase. They were all very old and in black and white, but well preserved. I didn't stop to study them closely because I really was tired and wanted to settle into my new room, but made a mental note to later.
   My room was huge, well it certainly was bigger than my old room in Texas. The ceiling was tall with are beautiful crown molding that had Rose's carved into it.
There was a bay window that was already decorated with a fluffy seat cushion. I dropped my bags and walked over to take a closer look, wow, my view was of the neighborhood, but I set slightly higher than the other houses and could see so much and I bet that at night the sky view will be something else.  I sat down and looked around the my room. White walls, I will have to dress this up a bit, I thought. The bed had to be very old because it was made of steel. It was black or maybe a dark charcoal in color with Rose's that decorated it throughout. Topped off with a white cover and pillows. It looked quite inviting, maybe I will lay down for a few and take a nap, I do feel quite exhausted.

     I pushed myself up off the window seat and walked over to the bed plopped down, leaned back and kicked off my shoes. Mmm, this bed is comfy,  I hadn't realized how tense I had been until I laid down, because now I could feel my muscles begin to ache a little while my body sank into the mattress. The mattress was soft like a pillow and it wrapped around my body, with my muscles finally starting to relax I fell asleep.