"Wow. I can tell there's so much trust between you two. Amazing." You say, sarcastically. "Tell me, Captain. Your relationship with the Chief is good, yes?"

"I mean, the guy took care of me." Taehyung shrugs. "Just not personally. He couldn't raise me himself even though he took custody. I grew up out of my own country, in a stupid camp where I learned people are garbage. All my life, I was being prepared to take it out."

"That's quite the metaphor, Captain." You meet his eyes, trying to read them. It isn't hard to see they're full of hate and resentment. He's broken, but he believes he's whole. "Now that you're back, you must really be conflicted. You subconsciously hate him, don't you? He abandoned you. Sent you somewhere and forced you to be something you didn't want to be,"

"Stop." He clenches his jaw, not wanting to hear anymore of your annoyingly truthful words. "You don't know me. You don't know anything about me."

"Your eyes tell your whole damn story." You say softly, watching the way his expression fill with a mixture of so many clashing emotions. "I know you enough. The rest doesn't need to be told in words."

"Who'd you come to see? A good friend? A brother? An ex boyfriend? Your dad, maybe?" He asks, trying to change the subject to one that makes you break the eye contact. "Might as well tell me, babe. You know I'll find out—"

"Don't call me babe." You stop him, immediately growing defensive at the mention of the word 'dad.' The last phrase he says gets you a bit on edge, too. You know he can, but you aren't quite sure if he means it. "And if you start looking into my private life, I swear—"

"Swear what?" He steps up even closer to you, looking you dead in the eyes with his entrancing, dark ones. "Are you going to stop me, babe?"

"I don't know what kind of authority you think you have over me, Taehyung," you start, stepping up closer to show that this time you aren't going to let him dominate you, "but I'm gonna break it to you right now, you don't have any. What we did was a one-time thing and that's that. You have nothing on me."

"That could change." Taehyung replies with a slight smirk. You're almost certain he can sense the way your heart begins beating a little faster just by watching the way he looks at you. "Easily." His voice lowers.

"Leave me alone." Is all you can mutter back. The internal panic of knowing he has every damn resource ready at his disposal to find everything out about you is beginning to grow too strong to continue hiding. "Just—"

"I'll see you at Sandoval's." Taehyung cuts you off with a chuckle, giving you his signature grin and beginning to step away from you. You open your mouth to say something, but again, he doesn't let you speak. "Just remember, change."

"Trust me, Captain. That's a change you don't want." You watch him walk away far enough to where your legs can also begin leaving. Wether he heard you or not, you don't really care. Or do you?

"A-Aru, p-promise me something—"
"Yes..?"
"T-Take good care of h-her,"
"S-Seulin? SUELIN?! NURSE!"

The beginning of your drive back home is a little unsettling. You can't get Taehyung's words out of your mind. They put you on edge. You know he won't have to dig very deep to find the truth. It was never meant to be hidden, there's never truly been a need to hide who your father is. Everyone here already knows. Only embarrassment drove you to, but even that's starting to be left behind.