Useless .1

I tapped my pencil against my binder, anxiously waiting for the dismissal bell to ring and grant me my freedom.

I heard soft whispers behind me and I stopped tapping to listen into what they were saying, the two girls voices I recognized immediately. Brittany Sturden and her best friend Baby Myle, yes, that is her actual name as stupid as it is.

" oh my god did you hear what happened? " Brittany whispered, she looked around her to make sure no one is listening and she leaned into Baby's ear and said something that only sounded like muffled gibberish to me. But it must be juicy gossip because I heard Baby gasp.

I started getting even more antsy every second that passed, until finally the bell rang and I sprang from my seat, rushing out of the classroom and towards my locker to get my stuff before leaving the school and heading home.

~

I kicked off my shoes and threw my bag onto the couch. Instead of sitting down and doing my home work I ran straight to my room to my beloved bed, plopping on it as soon as I saw it. I closed my eyes as the feeling of my soft pillows and blanket overtook my body. How badly I wanted to just go to bed and sleep the rest of the day, but I couldn't.

I promised Dia I would go to a party with her and I need to do my homework and get ready.

" ugh, fuck. " I rubbed the back of my neck as I remembered the words she told me.

------

" you have to try to look appealing " she reminded me

" oh yes, and wear these " she said handing me a pair of dark blue high heels to go with the dress we had bought the other day

-------

I sighed looking at the heels I had shoved in my closet along with the slim fit short blue dress. It was the kind of dress to show off your curves, which I would frankly like hidden. I chuckled imagining myself in it, it's not something I would usually wear, I'm more of a wear-whatever-is-comfortable kind of girl.

I walked down the stairs and grabbed my homework out of my bag already confused by the material in front of me.

~
Alas, the time has come for me to get ready for the party Dia was supposed to meet me at.

I slipped on the skin tight dress and looked at myself in the mirror, not gonna lie, I looked hot as fuck in the dress. I walked into the bathroom to curl my long black hair and did my makeup, oh my god I looked so good I thought I was gonna die.

Reaching into my bag I pulled out my phone and dialed Dia's number.

" hello? "

" hey Dia, I'm ready. You wanna meet up now? "

" oh yea sure just let me eat first and I'll text you the address so we can meet there "

" Okay, see you there cutie! "

I put on my heels and sat on the couch waiting for her text.