✰ SIX - LATIN GROCERY LIST ✰

Start from the beginning

"How does one begin anyway, just type in 'anonymous attic'?" he joked, causing Lena to let out a breath of laughter. Klaus threw a joyous grin to her over his shoulder, and she dropped her head back to her grimoire, writing down ketchup in latin. For some reasons, the Mikaelson's hadn't put ketchup in their cupboards and she was feeling withdrawal.

"Someone has to find Elijah even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans," argued Rebekah, zooming into the map to try and find the attic.

"Bex, it's like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles," pointed out Lena, looking up at Rebekah with a little bit of worry. Rebekah could, at any time, snap and completely break her neck and Lena didn't feel like dying that day. Not that she didn't trust Rebekah, she was pretty sure that she wouldn't do that, but you could never know.

"I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin," explained Rebekah. Lena and Klaus shared a look as he came to sit on the arm of the couch behind her head.

"Well, that should narrow it down immensely. Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labour," said Klaus, twirling his drink in his hand and offering Lena a glass of water. She grinned at him in thanking. "Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."

"As usual, your power grabs are more important than rescuing your brother," pointed out Rebekah, causing Lena to smirk into her water. Klaus was half reading the Latin grocery list over her shoulder, his eyebrows furrowing at the language. He had never learned Latin, much too wordy for him.

"I prefer to think of it as killing two birds with one stone," Klaus said to them. "Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home."

Rebekah glanced at Lena, who shrugged in response. Neither of them were sure what they thought of Klaus' plans, so far none of the ones had gone exactly to plan and they were feeling a little wary. Lena really just wanted Rebekah to stray and find her brother without Klaus' help, but she knew that as soon as they found Elijah they would leave and Lena didn't want to leave.

The reason? The man who pressed a kiss to the top of her head as he stood up and called her 'little witch' and brought her glasses of water when he thought she was looking a little dry.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

THE Dauphin Festival was in full swing by the time Lena had got there. None of Marcel's vampires had ever seen her with Rebekah and lived so she was safe to walk around and become immersed in the atmosphere of a New Orleans festival.

Her head whipped around, inhaling the beautiful scents surrounding her and feeling her body vibrate with the music being played all around her. It really was beautiful, and while she really was enjoying the dancing and the eating and the socialising, she was upset that she didn't have Rebekah there to experience it all with.

"Oh sorry!" cried the girl who had just run into Lena. She was about the same height as her, with chocolate brown locks and the prettiest white dress. Behind her, loomed Marcel Gerard. Luckily, he did not recognise her with her short blue hair. The Lena he had seen the night of the party had been blonde.

"No, it's totally my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going!"

This was Davina. Of course it was, she really was 'cute as a button' as Rebekah had put it. But the magic inside of her was strong, Lena could feel it in her fingers.