1:09 unity day

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

For the first time in a while the mood around camp is buzzing with excitement.

Even on the ground Unity Day means celebrations and this year, a much more relaxed celebration.

"Elle!" Luca calls running up. "Montys making moonshine!"

"Awesome." She says. "Because getting high worked out so well."

"Come on, gorgeous." Bellamy smirks. "The first exodus ship comes down in a couple days, let them have their fun while they can."

"Does they mean me too?" Luca asks hopefully.

"No." They reply together.

"Hey." Finn says approaching quickly. "Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, course, just give me a minute - okay and we're leaving." Ella shoots Bellamy a questioning glance when Finn grabs her arm and begins pulling her. He shrugs before placing his hands on Luca's shoulders and directing him away from the alcohol. "What's going on?" She asks once they've made it to a less populated area of camp.

"How do you feel about Bellamy and Clarke bringing guns back?" He asks forcefully. Ella knows her brother, so she can tell something is brewing in his head. Something dangerous.

"Good." She replies without missing a beat. "The more protection we have the better."

"You sound just like him." He looks at her bewildered. "Ella, this isn't the ark, this isn't practice. Guns are used for violence."

"They're used for self defense." She argues narrowing her eyes. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing." He retorts. "I just think maybe we should be talking to the grounders and trying to make peace instead of arming ourselves."

"Well, that's great in theory, Finn, but did you miss the time a grounder attacked me in cold blood?" She asks, arms crossed like her brothers and expression matching. From where Bellamy stands he can definitely tell they're twins. "If I had had a gun with me I promise you I wouldn't have almost died."

"Ella." Finn deflates. "We can't keep going on like this. We're heading down a dangerous road here."

"We're already on a dangerous road." She says slowly. "But Finn - peace was never made peacefully. There's always violence."

"There doesn't have to be this time."

"Finn-"