Chapter 31

Red Nation: Chapter 31

~Arlie P.O.V.~

Lexis and I just stood there.

What the fuck do we do? We just watched our brother kill the female he loved and then turn the gun around and kill himself.

"I feel sick." I finally said breaking our silence. I didn't feel right at all. "This shit wasn't supposed to happen!" I yelled out in frustration.

"Arlie there's nothing we can do. Both are dead and now Isabella and Vanessa don't have either parents." Lexis said with sadness clear in his voice.

"How are we gonna tell them?"

"You're Isabella's favorite and she looks up to you, so you should probably tell Isabella, as for Vanessa... I don't even know." Lexis sighed putting his gun away and pulling out his phone, bringing it to his ear. "Bring 2 body bags and come over to Riley's house." He said into the phone.

"I'm gonna go over to Javier's house since that's where the girls more likely are. I'll be back in a little while, can I take Nelle's car?" He tossed me the keys without taking his eyes off Javier's body.

***

"Isabella?" I said as I walked inside the house. "Isabella are you home?"

"Hi Uncle Arlie, what are you doing here?" She asked with a yawn as she came down the stairs.

"Where's your sister?" I slipped off my beanie and put it in the pocket of my hoodie.

"She's upstairs asleep, why? Where's Dad?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Come outside with me." I held the door open for her and closed it behind me after I followed her out. I didn't want Vanessa over hearing this.

She took a seat on the porch step and I sat next to her.

"You know the kind of life we're all apart of right? Fast money, illegal sells, violent mishaps, the whole 9 yards right?" She nodded her head. "With this lifestyle it's very easy to want more. More drugs to sell means more money in your pocket and that's the fear with this. You also understand the "Ride Or Die" concept right? Whether it be riding for the gang or a female riding for her thug?" She nodded again. "Your Mom was your Dad's ride or die and he was her ride or die. Just like how Aunt Amber is for me and I'm her ride or die. The infamous Aunt Nelle and Uncle Lexis and DeShawn and Lauren. You get the idea; They all ride for each other. Not even 10 minutes ago there was a situation at your Mom's house. Your Mom was working with the wrong guy, that put all of us in danger, including you kids. Your Dad shot your Mom. He warned her to pull out or he'd be the one to pull the trigger on her. Since your Dad did that, he turned around and killed himself. I think he did that because he didn't want to live without his ride or die, knowing he killed her."

"I don't believe you Uncle Arlie." She said with tears in her eyes. "Dad would never kill Mom."

"None of us saw that coming Isabella but it happened. I'm so sorry it turned out this way." She buried her head in my chest and just cried. I wrapped my arms around her and just let her cry. "This is why all of us Uncles tell you girls not to fall for a Thug. Unless he's a real special Thug."

"What's going to happen to Vanessa and I?" She asked in a muffled tone against me.

"I don't even know. I doubt you two will go with any of us. It will probably be your Grandparents or one of your Aunts on your Dad's side. I would be all for taking you two into my custody but once your Dad's family hears the news, they'll probably want you two far away from us." I just already know.