Chapter 9: Would you flash me?

(Not proof-read! Excuse the bad grammar and spelling mistakes, I wrote this half awake lol)

Harry's Pov

I sigh a breath I didn't know I was holding as I drive up to a pair of metal gates, directing the small Mercedes up to the intercom. God damn, these rich people, I thought I was rich but clearly I was mis-informed.

"Yoo," I wince as a young voice barrels through the small speaker box, causing me to roll my eyes. I really don't like this, I don't understand why he wants me here in the first place. I mean, theoretically I'm in love and engaged to his ex-girlfriend, what the hell is he thinking inviting me over to his palace? Then again, what the hell was I thinking when I accepted... "Who is it?"

"Uh, it's, Harry Styles?" I say, my tone coming off more as a question and less of a statement.

"Ohh," some whispering and mumbling is heard on the other side, before the line goes dead and I hear the clanking of the gates in front of me open. Christ, what is it with these rich people. Claire doesn't seem like a rich show-off. I mean, it's not like her parents are, I mean, christ..

I roll my eyes at myself as I take ten million years to just get down the long road of gravel up to the house. It seems almost as big as Claire's house, if not bigger. How can this guy have a bigger house than two grown adults with most likely less mortgage. The white stones that create the house are shiny, causing me to scrunch up my eyes even with my aviators on. Before I can take one step out of John's car (A/N That's Claire's father) the door is swung open to reveal a mini David Beckham in red swimming trunks. I want to tug on my short pants, ever since it shrunk in the wash I was never able to get a new pair and I immediately regret that. People think guys don't get self conscious, newsflash we do. I swallow but smile a bit, trying to not make a fool out of myself.

"Thanks for coming man!" Liam exclaims as he wraps his broad arm around me. I cringe, but he doesn't notice as he raises his beer up to his lips and chugs.

"Thanks for inviting me," I say, a bit firmly as he leads me inside his damn castle.

The walls are a creamier color than Claire's house. Almost a yellow with marble floors with diamond patterns embezzled in them. There are two marble columns on either side of me, and I swallow, intimidated by just that.

"You have a lovely house," I mumble as Liam tugs me through the foyer and out the door. I hear deep laughs as we cross the threshold, and I can literally feel my eyes dilate. I don't know whether to be happy or even more incredibly nervous about that, because on the one hand he couldn't possibly attempt hurt me but on the other I have to meet his friends, which I'm not exactly sure I want to do. I'm a business man, I've negotiated people to talk to me and make them say what I want to hear, but the people here aren't middle-aged men with a desperate dying company.

"Thanks, it was my old mans, he passed it down to me," Liam grinned, before his cheery crinkle-eyed smile falls a bit.

"Passed dow-"

"So this is the little shit?" I inhale sharply and turn my attention to two other young men in a bubbling Jacuzzi, huge smirks on their faces.

"Yep," Liam laughed, hitting my back playfully. I still winced.

"So you're the one who decided steal little Claire's heart," a blonde one asks, his blue eyes twinkling in amusement. I gulp and smile sheepishly, Liam's arm falling off my shoulders.

"Well it's about time," the one with black hair says, "She hasn't been back in a while, I sorta thought she was dead."

"I was going to visit her last night, but little sir 'I want all Claire's attention to myself' over here," the blonde nods towards Liam, "Told us to let him see her on his own."