Chapter 4: Compromise

Claire's Pov

We walk onto the bustling streets of New York, the smell of smog and the sounds of honking everywhere. Harry grips my hand, pulling me back to his car. I'm at a loss for words as to what happened in there, I mean I've been at a loss for words since a few days ago, when his hand became acquainted with my waist and my heart apparently was to be bound to his in holy matrimony. I mean, look at us! He's a corporate, stuck up CEO and I'm his assistant that he's dragging along so that he can keep his god-forsaken job. I stop abruptly mid walk, causing Harry to be pulled back.

"What are you doing?" he asks, his eyes becoming pointed and stern. I find it utterly amazing that after what I'm supposedly going to do for him, he's still got the nerve to talk to me like this. I'm putting my future on the slim chance that we can get away with this, I have more to loose than he does. He gets transferred back to England, and he can come back when he has his citizenship. While I'll be in prison with a $25,000 dollar fine.

"We are going to discuss this," I walk up to him, pretending that his cold stare and towering height doesn't intimidate me,"Right now."

"Are you trying to scare me Claire?" he laughs, crossing his toned, suit-covered arms over his chest.

"No, but I can."

"You can't scare me Claire, I'm bloody fucking invincible," he laughs, leaning down to project the husge smirk thrown on his face, so much for no swearing."Oh, and that promotion thing was brilliant, I almost believed it myself."

"Oh no, you see, I wasn't joking, I meant it. I'm going to become cheif editor, and you're going to publish my story."

"There is no way in hell you're becoming cheif editor," he laughs, proceeding to walk towards his car.

"Well then I quit, and you're fucked. Have fun back in England Harry," as I'm turning I see his figure stiffen, and he turns around as well. If he honestly thought I was going to put up with his bullshit he was mistaken. I have the power right now, I have control over the situation for the first time in 3 years and he's not taking that away from me. I continue walking down the road, until I feel his cold yet soft palms grab my wrist.

"10,000 copies," he says, and I turn to look at him. His eyes are wavering, his pupils no longer dilated so I can his green eyes. They are tinted with a bit of blue, the aqua color appearing in specks.

"15,000 copies, first run. I become cheif editor along-side you, you never get to boss me around again," he seems taken aback, as I pull my wrist from his grip. He grunts in annoyance, rolling his eyes.

"Anything else?" he mutters, arching his eyebrow. I think for a moment, before an idea pops in my head. Oh god, this will be so great.

Harry's Pov

I open the door for her, as she holds a mocha soy latte in her hand. I didn't understand why she got that, we both know she doesn't like it. I adjust my tie and she leads me to a park, making my curiosity grow stronger. What the hell is going on? She walks with a sense of pride, causing some people to watch us as we past by them.

I almost run into her when she stops abruptly, and turns to face me. Her face holds nothing but mischief, and I swallow audibly. I look past her, to see that we're standing beside a fountain, pigeons surrounding us.

"What are we doing here?" I ask, and her grin all but shrinks, and I swear it looks like someone is pulling her cheeks. It's sort of weird, I've never seen her smile at work.

"You're just full of questions aren't you?" she mumbles back, her smile not faltering,"Get down on your knee."

"What?"