Chapter 14

Leticia's POV:

It is early in the morning and I came downstairs, dressed in a comfy outfit for the day. I walked into the kitchen and found Michael, with a cup of coffee in his hand. He was already dressed for work, with his badge around his neck and his gun attached to his waist.

"Good morning

"Good morning." I greeted, as I walked over to Michael, giving him a good morning kiss.

"You look very beautiful today." Michael complimented.

"Thank you. I'm glad I still look beautiful even though I am two months pregnant." I chuckled.

Michael kissed the top of my forehead, then he gently placed his hand over my pregnant belly. I rested my head on Michael's shoulder. I closed my eyes during a moment of silence.

"I'm not exactly comfortable with you going." Michael whispered, referring to today, when I go to the prison for a visit with my brother.

I hooked my arms around Michael's neck, as I looked him straight in the eyes. I know that he wasn't pleased with the situation, but what am I suppose to do? Mateo is still my brother even though he is a convicted drug dealer.

"He is till my brother, Michael." I began. "Besides, nothing bad will happen to me. I promise."

"You can't promise me something that is out of your hands. Leticia, you are two months pregnant now! I shouldn't be letting you go." Michael explained.

"I will call you when I get there, when I leave, and when I arrive at work. Okay?" I suggested.

Michael eventually gave in. He accepted my offer. I grabbed my purse and headed for the garage door with Michael. He grabbed the keys to his truck, while I grabbed the keys to my new, white Ford Expedition.

 He grabbed the keys to his truck, while I grabbed the keys to my new, white Ford Expedition

Michael opened the driver side door for me, as I climbed into the seat. I set my purse down on the passenger seat and started the car. Michael closed the door and made sure that I had my seat belt on. I rolled down the window before driving away. I looked out the window, at him as I said, "Have a great day at work and I will text you very soon."

Michael gave me one last kiss on the lips before I drove off.

***

(At the prison)

I remained seated, on the other side of the glass, as I waited for my brother to arrive. Minutes went by, which seemed like hours. Finally, Mateo came through a door with two armed guards. He is dressed in an orange jumpsuit with his hands and feet handcuffed. He sat down on the opposite side of the glass and picked up the phone. I did the same.

"Hola Mateo." I greeted.

Mateo said nothing in return. He simply stared at me through the glass, while the phone rested by his ear. My eyes started to wander when Mateo made the environment awkward.

"I got a job!" I started. "At a local firm."

"¡Eso es genial! Felicitaciones Leticia (That's great! Congratulations Leticia)." Mateo said. "I'm sorry I couldn't be at your graduation, but your boyfriend got me locked up in here. Or should I say finace, judging by that engagement ring on your finger."

"Mateo lo detiene (stop it)!" I snapped.

"Oh please, how can I not be mad? I'm locked up in this dreadful place." Mateo shouted through the phone.

My heart was hurt. Mateo was making it difficult for me. How can I choose from Michael and Mateo? Especially when they both mean so much to me. My eyes began to tear up a little bit, that I quickly wiped my eyes.

"You know what Mateo, the world does not revolve around you! There are other's who are in worse situations, so stop complaining! You did this to yourself. You didn't stop sealing drugs, instead you kept on going against the law."

Mateo fell silent.

"And I am sorry that I have found a man who loves me!"

"He doesn't love you!" Mateo yelled. "The only reason he is sticky around is because he knocked you up. Why don't you see that?"

I put my hand over my belly and didn't say anything in return to Mateo. It took him a few minutes, but Mateo finally calmed down. He leaned back in his seat, acting all relaxed.

"¿Qué tan lejos estás (how far along are you)?" Mateo asked.

I looked up at my brother and replied with, "I am two months pregnant."

"Do you know the gender?" he continued.

"I won't know for another two weeks."

"Well, do keep me posted and I will see you at our next scheduled meeting." Mateo said, before he hung up the phone and stood up, signaling the guards to take him back to his cell.