Chapter 12 - It's Bonding Time! Sort Of...

Start from the beginning

“It is 30 past 12! Where have you been?!” She angrily questioned taking a step back from him.

“New York” He replied eyeing the sugar cookies sitting on the table.

“And how exactly did you get to New York” Ron bellowed eyeing the dark haired boy wairly. Percy then stepped forward and grabbed a cookie from the plate and taking a bite.

“well… you saw me leave, how do you think i got to New York”

“He apparated, Ronald really” Hermione sighed and sent a small smile Percy’s way.

“Mr. Jackson-” Sirius started before being interrupted by Percy.

“Please Sir, call me Percy” Taking another bite of his cookie he hummed clearly in a good mood.

“Alright… Percy i think we all have a few questions that would like to be answered about this whole situation” Immediately Percy stopped chewing and his shoulders grew tense.

“That… seems fair” He replied after his momentary lapse of silence.

“Why are you here to protect Harry?” Sirius questioned locking eyes with the boy, who stared back completely unfazed by his intimidation tactic. Taking another bite of his cookie which was vanishing slowly, sending a smirk Sirius’s way.

“Dumbledore asked me personally to protect golden boy over there”

“I don’t need protection! I’m perfectly fine on my own!” Outraged Harry stood up to get closer to Percy who just shrugged and finished his cookie, brushing the crumbs off of his face.

“Not my problem, i’m just doing my job”

“and Dumbledore says that’s your job”  Harry retorted angrily.

“Basically”

“Who the bloody e’ll are you anyway!” Ron interjected, standing to back up his best friend. Fred and George gleefully watching the chaos from afar. Them and Hermione being the only ones who didn't seem to see Percy as a threat.

“Percy Jackson…” Percy looked at him bewildered “I think we’ve covered this”

“What’s on your arm?” Sirius interjected the hostile boys. Percy shuffled awkwardly in his seat. Reluctant to answer the question and not seeing many options in his box of lies. There were three options the way he saw it, number one a vague and undescriptive answer, number two telling everyone that it was a dark lord or whatever tattoo (Meaning he would lose any remaining trust he had in the group) Or option number three awkwardly shuffle out the door claiming to be tired. After a short game of spinning the wheel of lies inside his head he settled for option that was a combination of number one and three… would that make it a fourth option? Percy shook himself from his thoughts and licked his lips.

“A memory” He gave everyone a small smile before yawning obnoxiously. “Well, i dunno about everyone else in this room but i’m beat” He backed out of the room slightly and turned on his heel disappearing into the dimly lit hallway. He called back once more over his shoulder.

“Night everyone”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dreams sneaked into his sleep as they always did, it was hard to call them dreams that would be putting it lightly. Nightmares were a more accurate word but since he had them almost every night it was easier to just call them dreams and the significantly worse “dreams” were to be labeled as nightmares.