Chapter 6 Meeting Ben

Madison's POV

"Well now I do." I said walking away. I secretly followed the trail that the two bullies took. I heard someone running and decided to follow them. After following for a little while he fell. My first instinct was to help him but I heard a familiar voice say, "Holy shit, what happened to you?" It was Richie's voice. I walked toward where the boy fell and asked, "Richie, what the hell are you doing in the sewers?" To be fair he was walking out of the tunnel so I guess he wasn't in the sewers anymore. "What are you doing here?" Asked Eddie. "It's a long story." I said then I saw the boy who fell. "Oh my god are you okay?" Then Shayla showed up. "What took you so long?" I asked her." Nothing I just had to make sure Hen- I mean I had to make sure the bullies didn't see me." She said. I looked at her suspiciously. Stanley, Eddie and Richie helped the boy out of the water. Shayla must have not realized the boy in the water till now because she said, "Oh my god are you okay? What happened?" The boy looked at her and said, "Bowers." I looked at the boys with a confused look on my face. "Henry Bowers and his gang also known as the Bowers Gang, you kicked on of the gang members." Said Richie while getting on his bike. "Are you coming?" Asked Stanley. I nodded my head yes and walked towards them. "Do you want to ride on my bike?" Asked Stanley. Shayla said my name so I turned around to look at her. "What about our bikes?" She asked me. I completely forgot about the bikes. I turned to look at Stan and said, "Where are you guys going?" "The drug store." He answered. "Okay we will meet you there." I said walking back to Shayla. I started walking back to the bikes with Shayla right beside me. We were almost back to our bikes when I saw two of the bullies. They were walking straight towards us. "Madison, stay calm." Shayla said. They were only two yards away and me and Shayla had no where to go, so we just stood there. Then we heard someone yell, "BELCH, VICTOR, GET OVER HERE!" Oh good lord. Shayla seemed relieved, why the hell was she relieved? She was staring at the boy who yelled at Belch and Victor, also what kind of name is Belch? "But Henry we found the girl who kicked Hocksetter." Said the blonde one while getting closer to me. "I don't fucking care I said get over here." Henry yelled obviously getting mad. Belch and Victor walked over to Henry. He was looking at Shayla the whole time, what the hell was he thinking? I thought to myself. Shayla just pulled me away from the bullies. I thought we were in the clear but Henry asked, "Have you seen the losers?" I turned to look at him."Losers?" I asked. "Yeah the losers, the boys you protected after school." He said with disgust in his voice. "No we haven't seen the losers." I said back to him. Then Shayla and I walked away to our bikes. "Why did you and Henry give each other goo goo eyes the whole time?" I asked her. "I have no idea what you're talking about." She said. She was lying and I knew it.

Shayla's POV

I almost slipped up and said Henry's name in front of the losers, and now Madison knew something was up. I knew I had to tell her about Henry coming over before he just shows up. After we got on our bikes we rode to the drug store. We heard Richie say, "Glad I got to meet you before you died." "Stop scaring him Richie." Maddie urged. "Where's Stanley?" She asked. "Getting stuff inside with Billy and Eddie." Richie said. I realized that we didn't know the boys name so I asked, "What's your name?" "Ben." Then the losers walked out with a whole bunch of stuff. "How did you pay for all that?" Richie asked. "We didn't." Eddie said, both Maddie and Richie had the same confused look on their faces. Then Eddie started to help Ben. There was this whole thing about the British guy voice, "I hid them in my second fanny pack." Eddie said. "Why do you have two fanny packs?" Stanley and Madison asked at the same time. Billy suddenly walked away then about two minutes later Beverly walked towards us and asked Ben if he was okay. I wasn't really paying attention that much because I was thinking of a way to tell Maddie that Henry was coming over. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realize that Beverly left or that the loser's were talking about her. The only things I heard was Richie saying, "More like who'd she do, for what I hear the list is longer than my wang."
"That's not saying much." Stan said looked at Madison who was giving Richie a disguised look. "So you're still coming tomorrow right?" Stanley asked. Madison and I nodded our heads but I don't really think that Stanley was even asking me. He was staring at Maddie and she was looking at him. Oh my god!! She has a crush on him. I could tell. She's never had a crush before, it was weird seeing her look at him like that. Then a thought appeared in my head. Did I look at Henry like that? I quickly brushed that thought away and said, "Maddie it's time to go." She finally stopped looking at Stanley and looked at me "Right bye." She said walking behind me towards our bike, then we got on our bikes and went home.