Chapter 5 Meeting Henry

Madison's POV

After the bullies walked away and Richie called me and Shayla crazy I was hoping to hang out with Stan, Richie, Eddie, and Billy but Shayla had other plans.
She turned around and said, "Come on let's go home." I looked at her and said, "No I'm going to hang out with them." She looked passed me toward the boys then back at me and said, "No I have a feeling that if you do hang out with them you will end up punching someone else." She had a point. Shit. Well then. "Well I guess this is goodbye for now." I said to them"Hey do you want to come to the quarry tomorrow?" asked Richie. "We would love to." I said. Shayla looked at me and nodded agreeing. "See you tomorrow." said Stan "Bye guys." Shayla and I said at the same time. We started walking toward our bikes when Shayla said, "Nice job." What.the.hell? "What are you talking about?" I asked. I was so confused. "Punching Greta and kicking the bully." "Oh. Thanks but I thought you were mad at me." I said hopping on my bike. She just shook her head and got on her bike and started pedaling. I followed after her. What was up with her? After she saw the son of a bitch sheriff she was acting strange. We started pedaling home when we saw the bullies from earlier jump over a fence. Shayla slowed down and looked back at me. "Let's go." She said.

Shayla's POV

I looked back at Maddie and said, "Let's go." She looked like she wanted to say hell no. I was already getting off my bike when she asked, "Why would we follow them?" "Why not?" I said getting off my bike. She got off her bike and stated, "Well number one we wouldn't follow them because the tall scary looking one will murder me." She had a point. I'm pretty sure he would murder her for kicking him in his balls. "And number two we don't even know who or what they are chasing after and I don't want to find out." She said while walking up to me. I looked at her and said, "If they were chasing something dangerous why would they chase it and we will follow them on a way that they won't see us. I promise." I said reassuring her. She looked at me and said, " If I die I'm going to haunt you." I rolled my eyes and said, "Fine, let's go." She followed behind me. We jumped over the fence and quietly followed behind them. We hear someone yell, "YOU TWO GO GET HIM!" We stopped dead in our tracks then we heard the same voice yell, "MOVE YOUR FUCKING ASS!!" I looked back at Maddie and she asked, "Whose he?" She looked worried. "What if it's Stan? Or Richie or Eddie or Billy?" She started to go where the bullies went. "Wait what are you doing?" I whisper yelled so that the boy down the hill wouldn't hear me. "To find out who they are chasing." She said. "Two minutes ago you didn't even want to know." I reminded her. "Well now I do." She said walking away. I would've been more worried if the boy down the hill wasn't staring straight at me. I had no clue what to do. He was staring straight at me. I turned around so that I could leave but of course the universe had other plans. I slipped on something and fell down the hill, getting all dirty. I got to the bottom of the hill. I looked up and saw that the boy was holding out his hand for me to take. I took his hand and he helped me up. Once I finally found my footing I tripped but he put his hands around my waist and held me up. I started blushing like crazy. What was he doing? "Hello? Are you okay?" He asked me. " I-I-I'm fine." I said. Why the hell did I just stutter? "Are you sure?" He asked me. I nodded my head then he took his hands off my waist. I brushed off my shirt and shorts. I looked up at him and then he said, "My name is Henry, I like your bandana." He pointed to my bandana that was in my hair I looked up at him and saw that he had one that looked just like mine. "I like yours too." I said while pointing at his."So are you going to tell me your name or what?" He asked. I felt stupid for not telling him my name after he told me his.
"Shayla." I said. "So Shayla, who were you talking to up there?" Fuck, I couldn't tell him that I was talking to the girl who kicked his buddy in the balls. "Uhm I was talking to my sister." I said not thinking about the fact that I called her my sister earlier. "Isn't that the girl who kicked Hocksetter in the balls and punched Greta?" First off, how did he know about her punching Greta? And second who the hell was Hocksetter? I looked at him with a confused look on my face. "Hocksetter is the tall one with dark hair." He explained.
"Yeah that's her." I said. "Please don't kill my sister for kicking your friend." "I'm not going to kill your sister. To be fair he kinda deserved it." I knew that I had to go and find Madison but I really wanted to stay here and talk to him some more. "Do you want to hang out sometime?" I blurted out. "I would love too." Really? He said yes. Oh my god he said yes, he wants to hang out. "When and where?" He asked. I said "My parents aren't home tonight if you want to hang out and watch a movie or something." I said. "I'll be there." He said. I smiled. "I've got to go and please make sure that Hocksetter doesn't murder my sister." I walked away sadly. "See you tonight." He said as I walked away. I looked back and smiled. "See ya."