everybody loves you | b.l

barnaby lee x y/n

barnaby lee. one of the most famous hollywood actors in the industry.

and he was your husband.

you loved him with all your heart, and you adored his work and his talent.

he loved you a lot too. in fact, it was just the other day that both of you had been talking about trying for a baby. things were going great for you two.

however, sometimes things were tough. he was famous and very attractive, which obviously gained him a lot of obsessive fans. you both loved his fans and genuinely enjoyed meeting them, but there would always be those few who were so obsessed that they would send you death threats or hate on you out of pure jealousy.

it bothered you a lot, but you didn't want to sound as if you weren't happy for barnaby, so you kept it to yourself.

tonight there was a party at felix rosier's house, who was barnaby's fellow actor and was starring in the same new movie as him too.

"you look so beautiful, y/n" barnaby gasped, as you walked down the stairs to meet him.

you were trying to walk elegantly like all of the other women did, but your awkwardness and clumsiness were failing you.

barnaby giggled softly as you tripped on the bottom step and fell into his open arms that were waiting to catch you. he knew that you'd end up falling.

"thank you" you smiled at him, "that suit looks so good on you by the way"

he grinned at you and gave you a cheeky wink before leading you out of the door and to his matte black aston martin.

when you arrived at the party, barnaby was very eager to show you off and introduce you to everyone.

"this is my gorgeous wife y/n" he would say to everyone he talked to.

you found it extremely sweet and realised that you truly loved this guy and would never need anybody else.

however as the night progressed, you had started to notice that barnaby was leaving your side more often to talk privately to different actresses. all of whom were so elegant and beautiful, which made you start doubting whether you and barnaby even stood a chance anymore. (despite you being so so so so beautiful <3)

there was one actress that he was talking to whom you recognised as penny haywood.

she was laughing loudly at something he had said. even her laugh was pretty.

"i'm just overreacting" you said to yourself, "barnaby must love me or he wouldn't have married me"

but then you caught him leaning over and whispering something into her ear, which made her giggle quietly and ruffle his hair.

well that didn't seem very friendly.

deciding that you couldn't watch it anymore, you stormed off outside and flopped down onto the rich-looking, marble front steps of felix's house.

meanwhile, barnaby was freaking out inside the house and was desperately trying to find you.

you guys were both as dramatic as each other.

"FELIX!" he shouted, "DID YOU SEE WHERE Y/N WENT?!"

"calm down, lee. she went outside" sighed felix.

barnaby wasted no time in rushing outside to join you on the marble steps.

"y/n?" he said timidly, "are you okay?"

"why were you so close to her?" you blurted out, not even bothering to take your time.

"who?" questioned barnaby, raising his eyebrows.

"penny haywood" you spat.

you honestly couldn't help how bitter you felt about the situation.

"woah y/n, penny is just a friend"

"really?" you asked sarcastically, "then why were you all over each other? why were you whispering in her ear? why was she ruffling your hair?"

"please calm down y/n-"

"no. i won't calm down. am i not good enough for you?!" you shouted, close to tears.

yes, you were overreacting, but you had already been through so much pain and heartbreak and it had given you some serious trust issues when it came to guys.

"baby, penny is like a sister to me. when i whispered in her ear, i was just telling her that you and i were planning on trying for a baby. i didn't want anyone else to know that just yet until we can confirm that you're pregnant. she ruffled my hair because i'm obviously like a brother to her and she was genuinely so happy for me. i'm sorry that it made you feel this way, sweetheart. i love you so much and would never want anyone else" he told you.

"oh" you said.

he giggled at your reaction.

you felt so relieved.

"i'm sorry for overreacting barnaby" you said hurriedly, "i just haven't had the easiest relationships, and i'm so scared of losing you. you're so famous, attractive and kind and everybody loves you. i just keep thinking that one day you'll find someone better than me and they will be willing to be with you too"

"please never think like that, y/n. ever since i met you, nobody else matters. you're my soulmate, and i wouldn't be able to live without you by my side" he said.

you smiled at him and he brought you in for a sweet kiss.

one of his warm hands cupped your cheek whilst the other slid down to your lower back to pull you closer to him, and you gripped onto his tie.

you lost yourself in the heavenly feeling of his soft lips moving in sync with yours, and reminded yourself that you were always going to be together.

————

i'm sorry that this wasn't one of you guys' requests, but i've had this idea for a while and was in the mood to write it. i'll start working on the requests soon though.
anyway, pls remember to vote and as always, thank you so much for reading <3