niffler | c.w

charlie weasley x y/n

you and charlie had a very playful relationship. you were both still so young so you didn't see the point in acting too serious yet.

you were sitting in the y/h common room, reading a book about charms when your friend rowan entered with a smirk plastered on her face.

"what is it?" you demanded, snapping the book shut.

"charlie wants to meet you in the library" she replied, smiling.

you felt a little jolt in your stomach after hearing her words, but you remained calm by tucking your book under your arm and starting to make your way to the library.

"there's my favourite little curse breaker" charlie smiled as you entered the library.

"there's my favourite freckled boy" you said back.

"what's this?" he asked, pointing towards the book that you were holding under your arm.

"oh it's just a book about charms" you told him.

"well i have something more interesting to show you than this" he said, taking the book from you and launching it across the room.

"CHARLIE" you screamed, as you watched the book hit madam pince over the head.

she looked like she was ready to kill.

charlie grabbed your hand and dragged you out of the library, both of you struggling to run whilst laughing at the same time.

"charlie, where are we supposed to be going?" you questioned.

"here" he said, as he pulled you into a classroom.

you both stood there in silence for at least a minute, still trying to catch your breath.

"did you see her face?" he asked you, smirking.

you nodded your head, smiling back at him.

you were suddenly aware of what you had even met up with him for.

"so what did you want to show me?" you asked.

he smiled at you again and unlocked a nearby cupboard, pulling out a small, fluffy, black creature with a beak-like nose.

"a niffler?!" you gasped, in awe of the little creature in front of you.

"yeah" said charlie, "the one kettleburn lost"

he looked very proud of himself.

"well aren't you going to give it back to him?" you asked.

"yes, but i thought you would've liked to have seen it first" he smiled, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"aw charlie, you're adorable" you said, reaching up to stroke the niffler's fur.

"you can name it if you want" he told you.

"really?" you gasped again, "well i think i'll name it charles"

charlie rolled his eyes, but he couldn't hide the smile that had appeared on his face.

then suddenly, just as the two of you were stroking charles, he had escaped from charlie's grasp and was running around the classroom, probably looking for all of the shiny objects in the room.

"oh my god y/n, help me get him back!" shouted charlie, going after the little creature.

the next 5 minutes were complete chaos as both of you ran around after the niffler. you would probably wake up with hundreds of bruises from diving under the desks and falling into things.

then just as you were about to give up, charlie had grabbed the niffler as it was rummaging through a cupboard, and had managed to put it back into the original cupboard and had locked it up.

"well i think that's enough exercise for today" you huffed, still gasping for breath.

"agreed" said charlie.

you both spent the rest of the evening trying to tidy up the mess that was caused by the small niffler.

"you remind me of a niffler, y/n" charlie suddenly said.

"huh?" you said, confused.

"you remind me of a niffler because nifflers steal things, and you stole my heart" said charlie, smirking again.

it was cute but it was also one of the most cheesy things you had ever heard.

you screwed up your face and he burst out into a fit of laughter.

"you're too cute, you know that right y/n?" he smiled, pulling you into a tight hug.

you smiled against his chest, which still smelt like charles the niffler, who was now one of you and charlie's new favourite things.

————

this one was short but oh well.

also yes, i had to rewrite it lmao because for some reason the original one was deleted :(

tysm for reading <3