weak | m.s

merula snyde x y/n

requested by ILOVEAPHMAU123

"Y/L/N" you heard someone scream.

you turned around to see that the scream came from your enemy, merula snyde.

"what is it now?" you sighed, rolling your eyes at rowan and ben.

ben had hidden himself behind rowan at the sight of merula.

"i've heard that you've been telling people that you're the best witch at hogwarts and i'm jealous" she said, "and i want to duel to prove to you that's it's the other way around"

"the other way around?!" you scoffed.

"yes, you idiot" she snapped, "meet me in the courtyard at 4pm"

she stormed off, leaving all 3 of you quite flustered.

"not to put pressure on you or anything, y/n, but you have to win this duel" said rowan.

"why? what if i just let her win this time" you sighed, "maybe she'll stop being a bitch towards me"

"excuse me?! the y/n y/l/n i know would never say that! you would never humiliate yourself in front of the whole school just for the benefit of merula snyde!" gasped rowan.

you just shrugged your shoulders whilst rowan and ben looked at each other in shock.

"maybe that is what i've been doing wrong this whole time" you said softly, watching as merula stormed over to a sinister looking ismelda.

"whatever" said rowan.

you spent the rest of the day practising some spells in preparation for the duel, until 4pm finally came and you made your way to the courtyard with your friends.

the whole school had pretty much showed up and you were surprised that the professors hadn't noticed anything strange going on.

"you made it" merula smirked.

"of course i made it" you scoffed.

she smirked again before pulling her wand out of her robes.

"are you both ready?" asked bill.

"yes" you both stated.

"then begin!"

"depulso!" you shouted, causing merula to fall backwards.

"flipendo!" she screamed, causing you to fall backwards too.

this went on for another 5 minutes, until you remembered what you had said earlier about letting merula win.

a smile appeared on your face as you realised that the reason you were willing to let her win was because you liked her.

"what are you smiling about?!" she hissed.

before you could stop yourself, you stepped forward and attached your lips to hers.

"w-what was that?" she whispered, pulling away from you.

now it was your turn to smirk.

it seemed that merula had forgotten exactly what she was supposed to be doing, and was now a nervous wreck.

everyone around you were also lost for words.

then suddenly, merula ran off.

your amusement instantly turned into concern and you ran after her.

"i'm sorry. i shouldn't have done that" you said, once you had found her leaning against a tree with a strange look on her face.

"it's okay" she said.

"what?" you asked incredulously.

"i liked it" she said softly, "i just don't understand it"

"what do you mean?" you questioned, softening your tone too.

"i don't understand why i liked it. i'm not supposed to feel things. especially not for you. i just don't know what it is about you, y/l/n, but you make me feel weak and i hate it because it's not fair. how are you so good at everything? how come you have so many friends? why do so many people like you? i'm nothing compared to you, and i hate how you have me trapped under one of your spells just like everyone else is"

"oh merula, i don't put spells on people" you giggled, "i'm just nice to them and they like me for it"

"i don't like you" she said defensively.

"are you lying to me?" you asked.

she looked at you for a moment, and then sighed in defeat.

"yes" she said, "i like you"

"i like you too" you smiled, "and that's why i'm going to help you realise that you're not nothing compared to me. you're a brilliant person"

she smiled at you and tackled you into a big hug.

"i hate to admit it, but i understand now why everyone likes you, y/n" she whispered into your ear.

"did you just call me by my first name?" you gasped.

"i think i did" she giggled.

————

i'm so sorry that the update took so long - personal problems.

anyway, tysm for being patient.

pls remember to vote <3