Pt.1 When we were younger

Start from the beginning

Hyun face turned red, he stood up and leaned over Jungkook to get to Tae when Jungkook put his hands out to stop him and shield Taehyung.

"ya! Chill. Tae's like my brother, what were you gonna do? Beat him up?" Jungkook gave Hyun a challenging look and the boy sat back down. Even though Tae should be happy Jungkook stood up for him like he always does, he can't help but feel a pang in his heart hearing the words 'brother'....and he doesn't understand why.

Pretty soon, the group of girls finally found the courage to move closer to Jungkook's lunch table. Rose had a notebook in her hands with a note and a ribbon attached to it. She smiled sweetly as her friends nudged her to say something.

She looked at the whole table then her eyes landed on Jungkook....and then to Tae.

"Hi....um Taehyung?". The whole table was shock, no one could have guessed that be most popular, pretty, smart girl in the whole entire school was coming to that table for the weird Kim Taehyung.

Taehyung who had already went back to his drawing from earlier didn't notice the girl was talking to him until Jungkook gave him a nudge on the arms. Tae looked at Jungkook then to the girl who looked really uncomfortable being stared down by the whole cafeteria.

"Yes?" Tae said, looking lost as he wasn't sure what was going on.

"I'm not sure if you remember but.... we're in the same home room. Umm...well, a few weeks ago when I was sick, you brought me my homework and class notes?"

"ahhh, yes I remember. Umm don't sweat it, I was only doing it because our home room teacher asked, and I was student volunteer that day", Tae casually went back to his drawing in the sketchbook.

Rosie fidgeted with the notebook in her hand as she tries again.

"well...I....that's not why I'm here. You...you saved Pommie, my dog and even took her to the vet for me and you even dropped off some medicine for me. It was hard because my parents were out of town that week and couldn't come back in time....but anyways you looked after me.....no one has ever been that kind before......"

Everyone at the table turned and looked at Tae who seemed oblivious to it all, still concentrating on his work.

"Tae.....did you really do all that? You didn't tell me", Jungkook said with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

Tae looked up from his drawing and sighed. He ignored Jungkook's question but he looked up at Rose with a nonchalant look, " It was only the right thing to do.... your dog was in bad shape, I use to have a dog who had similar symptoms as yours, but I was too late in giving her treatment, so she died. I didn't want anyone else to go through that, plus I saw you crying and almost passing out on the front yard holding your dog. I mean you weren't gonna get very far with the flat tire on your bike. And the meds....i just didn't feel right knowing you'd be home alone sick. If something happened to you, wouldn't I be partially at fault for leaving you like that? Don't over think it, it was nothing."

The girl was silent, she clutched the notebook tight in her chest. She wanted to be anywhere else but here. Although Taehyung didn't say anything mean or wrong, but she felt like she was swatted away, like an annoying bug. It hurt her, but she still felt what she felt so she tried again.

"even still.... even if it was nothing to you because it was the right thing to do....i....i wanted to thank you, and tell you....h-how I feel. So i wrote it in this letter. And this notebook.....it's actually a leather sketchbook. I noticed the one you're drawing in is about to be finished....so...I.... I got you this. It's supposed to be really good paper, from Italy somewhere.... please take it", She held out the items that were in her arms to Tae.