7: The Chase

THE MOMENT YALL BEEN WAITING FOR. *****

"Hello down there." his raspy voice gave her goosebumps. Carter just kept trying to tell herself this was some type of crazy dream, only it felt so real.

"Carter right?" Max smirked. Carter stood there dumbfounded.

"H-How do you know my name?" she asked frightened. He only chuckled.

"Everything is so complicated...... isn't it?" His voice slurred.

Max was a giant, and it didn't help the fact that he was normally almost six-foot.

Now he could be about fifty-foot six. She was intimidated by it all.

"You know, the things your going to do wrong in the future is really messed up......I just want to prevent them beforrrre they happ...len."

"What?" Carter asked confused. Was he drunk?

"It all seems craaazy now sweetheart,..... but once you get to the future, you will only think this was a minor bump!.... in the road...."

Carter couldn't process anything he said. It was all insane.

"Now I know exactly what to do." Max held a smug grin as he moved from his spot. His huge foot was just a block away from Carter. The situation got worst as he took another step closer to her.

Carter tried her best in crawling away only for her hand to land on a sharp rock and cut the palm of her hand and fingers. She winced in pain as blood trailed down her finger.

He didn't seem to notice.

"Where do you think you're going?..... I'm not letting you off that easily." Harry laughed as another small step was closer to Carter.

Carter only had two options at this point. Accept her fate....

or run.

"Plan B." she whispered as she quickly got up to grab her bag and run. She screamed her lungs out, but was quick realize it wouldn't work.

"Scream as loud as you want,...... but no one is going to hear you darling!"

Carter ran across the field of huge trees and grass. Max's eyes widened at the sudden movement, but shook his head and chuckled. "Game on I guess!

He shoved one tree out of the way causing it to fall. The tree made a loud thump startling Carter even more. The sound was heard all across the forest, echoing to the town.

Max laughed as he stomped around easily catching up to Carter. Carter panicked as his hand started to lower reaching out to her.

An idea popped in her head as she dove into the prickly bushes. Carter recieved a few scratches, but seemed satisfied as Max had lost her.

"Shit." he mumbled. He looked below him and spotted the bushes. He smirked as he bent down in a squat position. "Carter...where are you?" He chuckled as he pulled out a bush from its roots one at a time. Carter panicked seeing him pluck the bush two bushes away from hers.

She dove out as he neared hers and ran. Max saw and tried to grab her only to miss.

She smiled as she rushed across the forest. Then she realized she ran in a huge circle, back to where she was before.

"What?" she gasped and behind her Max grinned. Carter ran to the other side and pulled back a huge tree branch.

Max neared her, once he was a second behind Carter, she let go of the tree branch and whacked him across the face leaving a bloody cut on his cheek.

The moment it did Carter ran as fast as she could back on the path to town.

Max was huffing in anger as blood trailed down his cheek. He wiped it off and frowned.

"You little wasp!" He whispered drunkenly as he got up and went after her.

Carter by now was way ahead and happy about it. She was happy.

Once Max realized she was getting closer to town he started to run, shoving all the tall trees in the way that only made it to his chest.

Carter was close to the town. "Almost there!"

That's when she tripped and fell into a small hole rolling down the small hill. All her hopes of making it out alive were drowned out by Max's maniacal drunken laughter.

"Wow, and I was afraid you would have made it out. You were better at this than I thought you would be..." He spoke silently as he picked up Carter's small body in his huge hands.

Carter whimpered in fear as he lightly dropped her on the palm of his hand.

"....But in the end, I won."

Harry smiled down at Carter with a tipsy mannersim before he picked her up by her waist again and put her in his shirt pocket.

"You might wanna get comfortable, you are going to be in this pocket for a while."

******************************

Well, now you know why I call this story Pockets. >:)

FINALLY I POSTED THIS PART WOOOO

oh yeah and about yesterday if you heard, ive been in Mexico for three days, having a good time until a mad man takes out the electricity in the neighborhood and starts a shooting and I almost get killed

cant explain it was too traumatizing

k bye :(