Chapter 16 - BronyCon Pt.1

Start from the beginning

I sigh, slouching in my seat and handing her a biscuit. "I'm just excited for BronyCon," I reply.

"Me too. Though, more nervous than excited," Pinkie says sincerely.

"How so?" I query.

"Well, what if somepony bad finds out about me and takes me away from you? What if I get lost and they find me?" She asks worriedly, her blue eyes staring intently at the flat cookie.

"Let's hope that doesn't happen. And don't worry, you've got both me and Josh. I'll give you a map when we get there. I'll mark a spot where we can meet up if we get lost," I attempt to reassure her.

Pinkie smiles and eats the cookie like a frog and hops off her chair, skipping out of the room like Pepé Le Pew. "I'm going to bed. I think you should, too, mommy!" She calls from upstairs.

"I should, shouldn't I?" I say to mostly myself.

After about a minute or two of sitting there silently, I get up and head to bed. I need to stop worrying. I need sleep.

-

"Wake up, Mommy, WAKE UP!" Screams a high pitched voice.

"Ah!" I exclaim, shooting up from my bed.

Pinkie flies across the room comically and lands on her feet, skidding like a boss. I grunt and rub the back of my head. My vision goes weird because I got up too quickly, but it soon evens out. "We're going to BronyCon!" Pinkie cries, dancing on her hind legs around the room.

I chuckle. "Yeah," I mutter, my eyes trailing to my alarm clock. It's 6:30.

Damn, I never wake up that early. Normally, Pinkie'd let me sleep in till about 10 because I like my sleep. Pinkie stops and turns to me happily. "Josh called and says he's gonna be here in half an hour so we can get to the convention early and not have to wait in a line," she informs me, speaking quickly.

That's a good plan, so nobody from the outside world who isn't a brony can see her.

I stretch until I hear a satisfying crack and climb out of bed, heading for the bathroom. After showering, I put on a white T-shirt and blue jeans. I brush my hair and pull it into a high ponytail. I put on a hot pink snap back hat with bold, white lettering on the front saying, 'Brony' and thread my ponytail through the back.

After putting on foundation and mascara and packing my backpack and Pinkie's saddlebags (don't ask), I hear Josh's trade mark knock and head downstairs, Pinkie in hot pursuit.

I open the door and beam at him. "Hi there," I say.

"Hey," he replies and we pull in for a quick peck on the lips.

"I like your outfit," I compliment.

Honestly, I do. It's a black, slightly baggy pants that match is shaggy, dark hair which is swept to the side, and he's wearing a white shirt with cyan trim. On the shirt is Rainbow Dash above text saying '20% Cooler'.

Josh tips an imaginary hat. "Thank ye kindly. You're not too shabby yourself," He says in a country western accent.

I smile until Pinkie bumps me to the side and beams up at Josh, waving frantically. "Hi, Josh! Are you as excited as I am? Are you are you are you?"

He laughs and nods. "We'd better get going," I state.

"Sure thing, let's go!" Pinkie cries, trotting towards the backyard.

We head into garage after I lock the front and back door. "Wow. If I knew we were going to ride in a dinosaur, I woulda travelled back in time," Josh remarks, brushing a hand on the bonnet of the car before hopping into the front seat.

I roll my eyes at him and plonk down in the driver's seat, dumping my bag in the backseat. I open the back door for Pinkie from my seat. She jumps in and buckles her seatbelt.

I have to click the old garage door remote multiple times until it works and we begin our journey. "It's in Currambine, isn't it?" I ask Josh for a reminder.

"Yeah," he nods and turns the radio on, then looks at me. "Do you think the radio is the only thing I can turn on?" He winks.

I guffaw and blush profusely, not really knowing what to say. "Yes!" I exclaim in a joking manner and we both burst out laughing.

That's become sort of our thing.

Josh pulls his phone out and opens to his playlist. "May I?" He asks, and I nod.

He plugs his phone into the speakers and starts playing the songs in his phone on the way to the convention.

A few hours later, we are all singing along.

"I am a brony, proud to admit, don't care what the people say! I am brony, friendship is magic, we do it the brony way!"

Josh points to the exhibition center when we enter the next suburb and I nod. I pull into a parking lot and check my phone, which says it's ten-ish. I climb out the car, Josh doing the same and I stretch, before opening the back door for Pinkie. She steps onto the tarmac, excitement and nerves building up inside of her. I grab my bag and haul it onto my back.

It feels weird having Pinkie out in the open. I think the feeling is mutual for all of us, and I just hope we don't get caught.

After locking the car, I make my way to the center with Josh and Pinkie on either side. We stand before the automatic doors, feeling the tension. I inhale and exhale a breath loudly.

"Okay," I say, trying to motivate myself,

"Let's do this."