Maci's cries seemed even louder, my body just didn't have the energy to move. A shadow cast through the room and I knew that I wasn't alone, a cooing sound and a soft voice now filled the room as the cries subsided. The edge of the bed dipped and a warm hand placed onto my bare arm, a hand that made me feel at home.

"Aidan sweetie." Mum said softly as she rubbed my arm and tried to soothe Mace at the same time. Whatever she was doing, had Maci making only a soft sound, not the bellowing cries that she had been doing.

"Maci needs her Daddy, it's time to get up." Mum said as she nudged me slightly as she continued to rub my arm in a comforting way. My eyes were stuck on Callie, I don't even think I could blink. I just want my wife here, how hard is that for people to understand? I don't want to get up. It's my wife's twenty first birthday today, and she's not here for it. We had planned that we would take our little girl and have our first family holiday. That's not going to happen now, I have my little girl but I don't have my wife.

"Take her away from me." I said barely even in a whisper. I don't want to look at her today, she looks too much like Callie and it eats up even more inside that I have to see her mother through her eyes. I don't know how many times I asked to whoever was listening, why did they have to take her? I would've given my own life to save hers, I wanted to take my own to be with her. I still do.

"Come on son, she needs you." Dad's voice entered the room, he sounded just like Mum. Hurt and afraid. Afraid that I'd end up doing what I wish for. Death. I want to be with Callie, I want to be with my wife. I can't live without her, it's too hard. Seeing Mace everyday kills me even more. She'll never get to know how amazing her mother was, how much she loved life, loved everything.

"I'm going to give her a bath, feed her and take her for a walk." Mum sighed after a few minutes of just sitting here waiting for me to reply. I simply can't spit any words out. I'm too numb to do anything. I felt her leave the side of the bed, the sounds of Maci getting more quieter as Mum walked her more through the apartment. Dad was still there though, I can smell his aftershave. That same one that makes you feel at home, wherever he is. His footsteps made the floorboards creak as he came around the bed, the side to where he could face me. He sat down on the recliner that he had put there a few months ago, the same one he would sleep in most nights as he took care of me.

"I know your sick of listening to this Aide, but Maci needs you to snap out of this. I need you to snap out of it. I've seen what losing Callie has done to her father, I can't go through that with you too. You're not the only one suffering from her death, Tyson, Cooper, Maci, they are all going through this too. You don't get to be the only one that hurts the most. Those three feel just as much, maybe even more. I know you loved her so much, we all did. I can't lose you." Dad said softly as he sat there, his arms resting on his thighs as he held his hands together. More tears dripped from my eyes as I looked through his.

"I love you Aidan, do you not think about what losing you would do to us? What it would do to Maci? She already lost her mother, she doesn't need to lose her father either. I certainly don't want to lose my son. When Brax, Jace and Lexi, Tyler and Kayla were all in that accident, I thought I lost them all that night, seeing Brax fight for his life is something I never want to ever see again. Did you think how Cade would handle losing you? The two of you were always glued to each other, still are, he feels your pain Aidan. That's why I'm here as he can feel everything that your doing to yourself. If you die, so will he, that's how strong your bond is, and it always will be like that." Dad had to stop and wipe his tears, mine were just making a huge wet spot on the sheet underneath my head.

"I miss her Dad, I just want her here with us. I didn't even get to say I love you one last time. She just left. I don't know how to keep going without her. I love Maci, I really do, with everything I have but every time I see her, I see Callie and it's so hard. I just want this empty feeling to go away, I don't know what to do." I cried, Dad sniffled and got up from the chair and laid down on the bed beside me. His strong arms wrapping around me and pulling me closer as I balled my eyes out.