7

Briley's POV

I waltzed over to my phone and answered. "Yes?"

"Briley, why didn't you tell me you were in California?" Seth's voice came across the line. He sounded somewhat hurt but mostly drunk. Seth was always a sloppy drunk.

"Who gave you this number?" I asked. I'd changes numbers when I left town hoping to never have this moment.

"Your mom." he belched. "She said you weren't coming home. Baby you have to come back for me though."

"I can't do this right now." I looked over at Wes who was watching me carefully and rocking on his heels. "I'm not coming back anytime soon." I hung up on him.

"Who was that?" Wes asked as I walked back over to him.

I replaced my arms around his shoulders and he put his hands on my waist. "No one for you to worry about." I smiled and stood on my tip toes so I could kiss his lips.

He kissed me back at first then pulled away. "You are single right? I don't wanna find out in three days that I've been the other guy this whole time." He sighed looking down at me.

"Wesley I promise that you are the only man in my life that matters right now. I'm completely single." I smiled.

His eyes lit back up with that Stromberg twinkle and he smirked. "Well in that case." he lowered his lips back down onto mine kissing me hungrily.

Wes's POV

Kissing Briley was like surfing the perfect wave. It felt reckless and exciting. The rush it gave me was amazing and I knew if I wasn't careful I'd get pulled under too deep to breathe. Her fingers twisted in the fabric of my shirt holding me close. One of my hands was at the base of her neck twirling her hair and the other hand was gripping her hip through the fabric of her shirt.

"If we don't stop now I won't be able to." I panted as I pulled back.

She giggled and ruffled up my hair. "But Wes, pink looks good on you."

"What?" I asked.

She gently rubbed her lips across mine and whispered again. "My pink lip gloss looks good on you."

I laughed and put my forehead on hers. "Yeah but it looks better on you baby."

"I like when you call me baby." she smiled.