6. The nightmares

Start from the beginning

A strong beam of light again flashed and

"Ahhhhhhh!" A loud scream escaped my mouth and I found myself in my bedroom. Panting and sweating heavily, my heart was beating abnormally fast. What happened to me just now? It was again a nightmare! The same nightmare. Breathing heavily, my shaking hands reached the bedside table in order to grab the glass of water but it fell down due to the panic I was going through. Then I heard the sound of footsteps rushing outside my room. The sound becoming louder and louder as each second passes. The door of my bedroom flung open and there stood Sid and mom.

As soon as I saw them, I felt a sense of relief run through me and the next moment I knew I was already in the arms of mom who was trying to calm me down. I broke down in her embrace.

"Shhh... It's all good here. We are with you Pia, calm down." she said soothingly and slightly turning towards Sid she said "bring water for her." and he obliged.

"Calm down dear." she said again rubbing my back. After some time I felt myself relaxing a bit and I pulled out of her embrace. Then Sid came hurriedly towards me and handed the glass of water. I just gulped it in one go as if my throat had yearned for it since ages. I am blank. Totally blank. I am not able to figure out what happened to me all of a sudden. Why does this happen to me? I was searching for answers for my own questions.

"Was it the nightmare again? The same one?" Sid asked after some time and I just nodded.

"It's ok Pia, don't think about it now and try to sleep. Let it go. It was just a nightmare." mom said smiling towards me and tapped on her thighs. I responded immediately and placed my head on her lap. She started humming something and soon Sid left the room. As she said, I tried not to think about it and just let it go. Relaxing under her embrace, thinking it is the best place to be in the entire world, I started to think all the happy memories I have with this family. Soon sleep overtook me and I fell asleep.

_____

I tossed myself on the bed from one position to another but I couldn't sleep more. I don't know what's wrong with me these days. I woke up today early morning which is so much unlike me. I couldn't even get up daily even when alarm would ring for hours and today I was wide awake at 6 in the morning. I just decided to get up and sat resting against the headboard.

I saw the morning beams of light peeping in through the curtains in my room sweeping away the darkness. Suddenly feeling the urge to be out in the open air, I flipped the duvet off my body and slid the door of my balcony. As soon as I did it, I was mesmerized by the nature's beauty.

I just stood there taking in the fresh cool breeze of morning weather, hearing to the sweet song of birds chirping and looking down at the beautiful lawn, full of flowers. I wonder sometimes that why don't I wake up early in the morning everyday just to feel this awesome weather and then sleep again?

What? I love my sleep and I wouldn't compromise it for anything. I mean it. I just looked up at the sky and the sun at the horizon raising up filling the sky with colours. It felt so calm and so peaceful at the morning! Unlike the traffic honking and the huff puff of the crowd in the day time in this busy city.