Chapter Thirty-Nine: Wait, What's In That Duffel Bag?

Start from the beginning

"Naomi, if you're not noticing, I'm freaking out right now. There are three guys in a Maserati giving me the thought that they will kill me when they get the chance. I'm too young to die! I don't know-"

He suddenly stopped talking when I cut him off by kissing him on the cheek. When I backed up he didn't seemed to be freaking out anymore, more of being shocked and was left stupidly blinking as he stared at the road. The guys saw this and started yelling at us to stop the car or they'll do it for us. But I ignored them and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Can you calm down for me?"

Parker nodded, not wanting to say anything or else he'll go back to rambling.

"Are you going to freak out on me or am I going to have to smack you at the back of the head, telling you to get a good grip like I did back at tutoring?"

He shook his head.

"Good," I sail, giving him an assuring smile. "Remember Parker, you know this city like the back of your hand."

He snorted. "Are you kidding? You weren't saying that back when I brought us to a dead end."

"But who was it that did that awesome J-turn and leave Bennett in the dust?"

"Me."

"And who's going to leave not only Bennett, but Jordan and Declan in the dust now?"

"Me?"

"Yes, you," I told him. "You really do know the city like the back of your hand because of that walk that we took."

"But is it enough?" He asked me.

I grinned at him. "I don't know, let's see for ourselves."

Parker thought about this, probably running through the different scenarios in his head. Will he raise the white flag and feel the wrath of the Musketeers or will he beat them in racing and hope for the best?

He took a deep sigh. "Man, the things I do for love."

I blinked. "Wha-"

But I was cut off when Parker suddenly hit the gas, speeding away from the Musketeers. The two cars, a Mitsubishi and a Maserati were racing down the streets, swerving around cars, beating red lights, taking sharp turns left and right. It was thrilling, exciting, as if we were being in a police car chase. Only it was worst, it was a Musketeer car chase. Parker then suddenly took a sharp right into this street, going through an alley and into another street. I looked back and saw that we lost the guys.

I stared at him. "How did you know that alley was there?"

He shrugged. "I think I remember us passing by it when we walked."

I smiled. "See, I told you that you know the city like the back of your hand."

Parker looked at the back of his hand. "Well, that's new."

I laughed as he went back to driving. Parker was keeping a cool head now, being focused in driving. I couldn't help but keep on glancing at the side view mirror, until I saw the Maserati back on our tail. Bennett was practically shooting lasers at us as the guys kept on waving their bats in the air and yelling at us. Soon the Maserati was back at the right side of my car.

"Naomi!" The guys yelled at me.

I calmly propped my elbow against the window and leaned my head on it. I smiled brightly at them, batting my eyes. "Yes boys, can I help you with anything?"

"Yeah, can you stop the car?" Bennett demanded through gritted teeth.

"We promise we won't kill you," Jordan assured me, "only Parker," he said with a growl.