Ch 8. Gemma can you hear me?

"Do you know what a crow symbolizes," I turned in Miguel's office chair his lips forming a firm line when he saw me. The fresh sunlight peeking through the blinds as I set my gun on his desk.
"Bad luck and death," he replied.
"The sons of anarchy were known as samcrow to a lot of people Miguel." I cooed. "I've seen men tortured and watched people I loved be killed in front of me. You do not scare me."
"Are you threatening me," he laughed getting closer.
"No. I don't make threats." I stood up placing my hand on his cheek delicately. "I make promises Miguel."
"What kind of promise do you plan to make me?" His words were coated with lust.
"I don't work with or for the cartel. I don't kill for other people. I will not be your minion or you mistress." The smile only grew on his face as he backed me slowly toward the wall. His breath was warm against my skin as our eyes met.
"I don't think you understand how influential I can be," he whispered. Chills ran down my spine as he licked his lips. In this moment he was a lion stalking his prey. He wanted nothing more then for me to cower under his gaze but I stood my ground.
"I don't think you understand what kind of women raised me." I let my back hit the wall making sure there was still room between us.
"I tend to get what I want Miss Teller. And I want you." He leaned in quickly let his lips caress mine before pulling away. I was left unsure of how to react. I was shocked. Why did this bring the man so must joy.
"You can't have me."
"I'll see about that."
- - -
Flashback

"Sometimes I look at you and all I see if myself." Mom tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as I grabbed another stack of plates for the party. "Strong and beautiful." She smiled.
"Why do you make that sound like a bad thing?" I questioned.
"Sit down baby girl." She took the plates back and sat with me. "There will Come a time when someone asks you to do a bad thing because of the life we live. They will use people against you and I don't want that for you. It's made me hard. Your softness is a beautiful thing."
"Maybe I'm to soft sometimes." I sighed looking down at my hands. "Maybe I'm not a Teller."
"Do not dare say that to me." She grabbed my hands in hers. "You are a Teller. Just because you get scared sometimes doesn't change that. Never forget where you came from, but know if this isn't the life you want it doesn't have to be the one you have." I nodded in response unsure of where all of this was coming from. For as long as I remembered all she wanted was for me to follow in her footsteps. Now I wasn't so sure.
"I'm okay if people see a part of you in me mom. Always will be please don't think otherwise."