59- Listening to Water.

Start bij het begin

"Yeah." I said with a small nod.

"Is that your nickname? Is Aiden short for something?" Iruka asked and I shook my head 'No'. I rested my chin on my knees, looking at Iruka's feet.

It was silent for a few long minutes. I kept my eyes downcast, and coughed afew times in that time. I wasn't kidding when I said it was dusty and smelled awful.

Iruka squated down to my level, meeting my eyes.

"So what do you like to do in your spare time, Aiden-san?"

"Cloud watching... Training... Working... Gardening... Training... Reading... Singing..." I got quieter as I went along.

"Thats intresting." He said and ploped down onto his butt, crossing his legs indian style and putting his hands on his shoes.

"You?" I asked.

"I teach kids at the academy, so I don't really have much free time. When I do though, I hang out with my friend and student Naruto. Or I just relax." Iruka said and wiped under his nose as if he was going to sneeze. I don't blame him.

I opened my mouth to respond, but was pulled into a coughing fit. I finally caught my breath with a burning throat and thumping chest. "How old?" I asked, finally able to talk.

"They vary in ages. I'm teaching nine year olds right now. Naruto is twelve." He stated. I nodded slowly.

"Ah.." I said, and silence entered the conversation again.

I was almost tempted to yell out: I see how it is! Just to break tension, just like Alice used to do.

Alice..

An image flashed of her angry expression, after I cut her hair, then her slow realization and guilt. It was short lived however, because a shock from the chakara cuffs sent me clutching my chest in rasped breaths.

"Prisoner! Stop casting-"

"I didn't mean-" I huffed out, one eye open, the other closed in pain.

"Aiden. Why do you keep making Genjutsus, when you know you cant..?" Iruka asked me softly.

"I didn't mean to. I just- thought about something and the image was-" I coughed as the dust entered my lungs. Instead of continuing the sentence I let it die.

"That was your twin right? Why was she mad, then suddenly.. upset..?" Iruka asked.

"Huh? How did you know she was my twin..?" I asked.

"Because she isn't as pretty as you." He complimented me and I blushed softly.

"B-But we're identical twins. We look exactly the same..." I mumbled.

"No you don't. You're obviously much more prettier than her. She uses make-up to look like you. And I can tell you dont have any make-up on."

"Wait.. how did you know she uses make-up?" I asked in confusion.

"The soft eyeshadow she wears. And she doesn't have natural beauty like yours." I blushed harder if possible.

"O-Oh..." I was to shocked to say anything else.

"Why are you even in here? You don't seem like a bad person." Iruka said inspecting me more.

"I'm waiting to find out what happened with Asoka. And I was... uh.. Part of the invasion." I said unsure about it. Would he be mad because of this..?

"Really?" He didn't sound upset or angry about it.

"Uh.. yeah.. you're not angry?" I asked.

"Of course not. There had to be a reason behind it. And you did what you believed was right, and you were ordered to... right?" Iruka asked.