Twenty One

TWENTY ONE - MAYBE

HYUNJIN

I sat in my room staring at the boy in front of me. We said nothing to each other. We just stared at each other not knowing what to do. "Did that mean something to you?" Seungmin suddenly asks breaking the silence. The tension was still there. It was unbearable but I didn't know how to react.

"I- I don't- I don't know." I stammered and he looked down at his feet. "Minnie, I- I'm sorry but I- I just don't know if it did. Maybe it did." I apologized.

"It- It's fine, Hyunjin. I don't even know what I was expecting. I- I know that you don't like- like me in that way." Seungmin got up from his spot on my bed walking over to my bedroom door. I grabbed his hand immediately without thinking. I stood up from my seat and turned him around to look at me. "Jinnie," He murmurs softly as I pressed his body against the door.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked without really thinking. I just needed to know if that kiss earlier really meant something. I had to know. Seungmin nodded slowly and I pressed my lips to his. One of my hands found it's way up to his cheek and cupped it. Our lips moved together slowly with each other's.

I felt my heart beat speed up when he brought a hand up and placed it around my neck. "H-hyunjin," Seungmin mumbled against my lips. I slowly pulled back and stared at him.

"That definitely meant something," I let out a soft chuckle with a small smile forming on my lips. "I- I just don't know what and I- I need you to let me figure it out." I told him and he nodded in understanding.

"I understand. Take all the time you need b-but please don't mess with me about this." He pleaded placing his hands on my cheeks. I brought my hands up grabbing both of his hands in them placing a soft kiss on the top of both hands. "And please don't tell anyone about me. I'm not out yet."

"I- I wouldn't do that. I- I'm not who I was last year." I whispered resting my forehead on his. I heard the front door downstairs open and close. "I think my mom is home. Wanna go say hi?" I ask with a teasing smile. My mom loved Seungmin. She was his favorite out of all my friends besides Jeongin. She literally loved Jeongin like he was her own. "And don't tell anyone about me, either. I want time to figure it out." I added.

"I promise I won't tell anyone and sure let's go say hi."

• • • •

Y/N

I laid in my room staring at the ceiling. No one was free today so I just decided to stay in my room and be lazy all day. I was sure that all my friends were busy but I didn't ask Felix. I didn't want to bother him. I suddenly hear someone call my name from downstairs.

I get up from my bed and go downstairs where I see Dad at the door laughing with someone at the door. I walked farther down the stairs and saw it was Felix. I smiled lightly upon seeing him. Felix smiled when he saw me when I walked up to stand next to my dad.

"Why are you here?" I asked when my dad walked away.

"Well, I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out. Do you?" He asks.

"Hmm... maybe." I joke tapping my pointer finger to my lips acting as if I'm thinking. Felix playfully glared at me and I chuckled nodding letting him in. "Let me go change." I closed the door going upstairs back into my room to change out of my pajamas.

Maybe, maybe I have a thing for Felix.