Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE - CATCH UP

Y/N

Felix wasn't a bad guest but he wasn't a good one either. He put his feet up on the coffee table and had no manners. If he and Chaeyoung were together then I would not be surprised. They seem perfect each other. I didn't mind having him here since I was only downstairs to eat and then I'd be going upstairs which means I wouldn't have to see him again. At least until I start school because Lee Felix, like my mother said, would be giving me the school tour. I scrolled through my phone as I ate while sitting on the couch. Felix was at the other end so he didn't bother me as much. Suddenly, I heard a voice come from behind me and Jeongin poked his head into the living room.

"Have you talked to Mom yet?" He asks walking all the way in to stand in front of me. He looks like he was ready to leave which is good.

"Not yet, Jeongin. Remember there's a time difference, given it's only hour but I'm just lazy. Now, where are you heading off to?" I explain.

"I'm gonna go hang out with Hyunjin. Maybe Lucas too. He hasn't let us know yet." Jeongin replies picking up my can of coke and taking a sip. I slightly whack his arm when he puts it down.

"Look here, Mr. Popular, don't touch my drink." I glare at him placing my plate on the table besides me. Jeongin laughs leaving the room shouting a bye and I hear the front door open and shut indicating that he's left. I then remember that Felix is waiting for Chaeyoung so I get up from the couch to go see where she is. I look over at Felix, who just seems to be texting. Making my way to leave the living room, I walk through the kitchen and set my plate in the sink. I walked upstairs and knock on Chaeyoung's door. "You know Felix is downstairs, right?" I ask when she opens the door looking annoyed.

"Yes, I was just about to go down there." She pushes past me and I let out of scoff. I don't know how my Dad could stand her or her Mom. They were both horrible people, with a horrible attitude. I walked into my room, only to realize I left my phone downstairs. Cursing under my breath, I go back downstairs to grab it. I walk into the living room and instantly feel regret.

"Oh god! Can you not do this when there are other people in the house, Rosè?" I scream and they break apart from whatever that disturbing kiss was.

"I lived here first, Y/N. So, I can do whatever I want." She hissed glaring at me. I sent her a fake smile trying to fight off a snarky response.

"Actually, no you didn't. I lived here first. When my Dad was still dating your Mom and you guys hadn't moved in yet, I was here for a year. Didn't know that, did you?" I say picking up my phone from the table. "If you two are gonna do that here then go to your room, Chaeyoung. I don't need my brother or father coming home to- to whatever the hell that was." I explain still slightly disturbed. Chaeyoung lets out a noise of disbelief getting up from the couch going upstairs signaling Felix to follow.

"Y/N is it?" Felix asks and I nearly jump in shock. I forgot how deep his voice is because again who said he could look like that but sound like that. It's just not logical. "Sorry, you had to see whatever that was because I don't even know. Also, I'm showing you around school when it starts, right?"

"Yeah, you are but I'm sure I can find someone else because truthfully, I can tell you got this bad boy thing going on and it's gonna annoy the shit out of me. People who act all tough and shit just make me wanna punch something." I explain. "Now, excuse me but I have to go catch up with an old friend of mine."

———

I walk into the coffee shop that I was told to go to and look around. I felt arms wrap around my waist and I turn my head to see Minho. "Minho!" I exclaimed turning my entire body around and throwing my arms around him. When I visited for Christmas four years ago, I met Minho and he has been my best friend since. Every time I came to visit we would still hang out. We still kept in contact when I was back in Korea.

"Y/N, I missed you." Minho smiles at me as we sit down at a table. "So, I heard you are staying here for your last two years of high school." He says.

"Yeah, my mom thinks it'll be good for me to get to know Dad better. Jeongin might actually leave to go live with her and Ally while I'm here." I explain. "Anyway, how have you been?" I ask leaning back in my seat.

"I'm doing well but uhm I came out to my parents last month. I've been living with a friend since because they kicked me out." He tells me and I nearly scream.

"What? Minho, oh my god. Why didn't you tell me this?" I ask. The last time I was here was at Christmas two years ago and he came out to me then. It was an emotional night for the both of us. It took him a lot of courage to tell me and he cried for an hour telling me that he was scared I wouldn't accept him. That no one would accept him. He was mostly scared of his parents reaction.

"I- I don't know. I wanted to tell you but I didn't want to worry you or upset you over this especially after you found out about your Mom." He answers and I nod understanding where he was coming from. "But I'm okay, Y/N. I'm glad I told them even though it wasn't the reaction I wanted but the one I expected." I grab his hand from across the table and we smile at each other.

"I'm just glad that you're okay, Min." I smile at my best friend. We talk for a little while before we get our drinks and go for a walk. We walked to the park before turning around and he walks me back to my place. It was almost six so my dad should be home soon. "Thanks for walking me home, Minho. Be safe on your way back." I walk into the house just to see Felix leave the bathroom fixing his hair walking over to the door.

"You were gone for a while." He says before he leaves and I stare at the door before snapping myself out of it. Going upstairs I lay on my bed taking my phone out from my back pocket.

How do I keep forgetting about his deep voice?