|Chapter 30|

|Dalton|

The thing that made us lucky for what happened next was that we didn't have any classes for the next two days. So we decided to go to Greenburg and straight to my mother's house to go discuss this newfound information.

What happened there was not something I would expect. 'That he would be there willing to negotiate out some deal. He was pretty willing and even let us go and didn't harm anyone.' 'Yeah that sort of puts me off guard, I don't like the situation we're in. Not the least bit.'

Ash nodded in agreement with me. It put me in a defense mode as something wasn't adding up. I traced not a lie in Damien's tone which was what scared me. He wasn't bluffing or anything like that. Which meant that Lucian was out there and he was the next thing we'd be dealing with.

'But we don't know exactly what Lucian is like. I mean Damien implies him to be a complete monster. And then there is the option that Damien happened to offer us and it makes me a bit uneasy.' The offer made me uneasy as well.

Damien Corbin knew exactly what Isabella was capable of along with the entire supernatural population of Greenburg. Yet he offered us protection from Lucian Corbin. Which frightened me in ways that I didn't want to admit. Because why would Damien offer Isabella protection from him since he knows all what Isabella is capable of and that bothered me badly.

It meant we didn't know something about Lucian. I mean Damien was Lucian Corbin's brother meaning he held that advantage over us which was something that I did not like the least bit. Knowing he had that advantage over us with that since he knew what Lucian was capable of.

'What was Lucian capable of. That's what I would be asking. Damien is just your average vampire with some benefits of his age and power. But Lucian, the way Damien talks about him. I'm not sure if he is just any normal werewolf.' Neither was I.

And the most clue to that was the fact that he said Enyr and Ryne were a lot like his brother. And those two weren't even werewolves really. They were more advanced than werewolves. And Damien said that those two were a lot like Lucian. And that made me question things about Lucian.

I don't believe he is your normal werewolf. 'Do you think the species evolved from what Lucian is?' 'That is a good possibility we just have to find out if that possibility is the right possibility or if we're looking in the wrong places.' That was a possibility.

"Damien offered us a choice." Isabella's voice cut through the air like a blade awakening me from my thoughts. "A choice?" My mother asked her white eyebrow raised at that. Isabella nodded before pulling her lip into her mouth and lightly biting it. She was nervous. Like the rest of us were when we found out the news.

'As it is anything but good new. It may come off as it until you dig a bit deeper into the meaning behind the news. That's when it isn't so much of good news after that.' I nodded in agreement with that idea.

"He told me I could join him, he's looking for ways to up his brother. He says he can provide me protection for all the things that would want to use my immortality to his use. But that's also what he wants to do, but he's offering me protection from the rest." Isabella said.

My mom nodded at that as did my dad. You could see the thought forming in my dad's eyes as he thought about it. 'The offer that Damien strikes up for us. For Isabella. He's probably no doubt thinking of the pros and cons of this offer.' I nodded in agreement at that.

"We have done a perfect job at keeping any of the people who want to use your immortality away from you. And now we have the entire supernatural population of Greenburg on our side. I don't think we need his help." My dad said finally speaking and Isabella bit her lip.