|Chapter 20|

|Dalton|

Things became more alert since that meeting. Everyone seemed to be prepared for Damien or some Forsaken to pop up at any corner. But I couldn't blame them. Tensions were high as of right now with everyone prepared to defend themselves.

'Isabella is taking the worst hit of it all it seems, which is why we are doing this.' It was still summer, well sort of. And I had convinced Isabella to take us out to this nearby river on her bike. She didn't have to swim, but she seemed very calm on her bike.

I had driven to her place with my truck. I had a backpack full of everything that I'd need. A change of clothes, some snacks to eat, bug spray, and a few other important things. I took the keys out of the ignition before grabbing the backpack and climbing out.

'Seems she is still inside as of right now, time to go get her ready for this ride of ours.' I nodded at that as I went up and went to knock on the door. But before I did Isabella opened the door and stepped out with Maryse at her side.

She had her helmet in her arms and the helmet she let me burrow by her fingers before handing it to me. She had a Harley Quinn backpack on as she put her helmet on. "I'm ready." Isabella said adjusting the helmet some as I put the one she handed me.

Then opening the door she went to yell at Ryne. "Ryne! Dalton and I are heading out now, we'll be back soon!" Isabella yelled. 'The two tend to communicate by yelling to each other it seems, such a weird family relationship, but it's there relationship after all.' I nodded at that.

"Ok! Be safe and give me a call when your on your way back!" Ryne hollered back. "Ok bye Ryne!" Isabella yelled before turning to me with a bit of a grin on her face. "You ready?" Isabella asked swinging her keys around and I nodded at that.

Isabella went up to her bike as she took out the saddlebags and attached them. "In there is Maryse's water bowl, her leash in case a person comes, a few water bottles, and some snacks." Isabella said as she adjusted her backpack which had different contents in it without a doubt.

'Seems like we both came prepared for this trip, ready to go enjoy the river at the end of everything, which is very nice.' I nodded as Isabella got on the bike in the front. Carefully I got in the backseat before grasping her shirt and Isabella glanced at me as she started her bike.

"So where is this river?" Isabella asked over the roar of her bike. "You take a left, and then continue for a few miles then a right to a dirt road, it's a backroad, follow it and you'll find the river." I told her and Isabella nodded before off we were as Maryse raced us.
*******************
Took Isabella about twenty-five minutes to get us there. Her hair was braided and would whip past me a few times as she kept the bike steady. 'She is a good rider, and being on the bike is nice in a way. It's similar to running in wolf form in a way.'

The wind whipping in your face blowing your hair back. But in wolf form it was your fur. And as wolves we ran fast. An average gray wolf could run at speeds up to 31-37 mph. Sometimes more, but as werewolves we ran a bit faster.

Some of us could reach speeds up to 45 mph if we really pushed it. 'So running is no problem for us and helps us travel quite fast when needed to.' As soon as we approached the site I had Isabella pulled over and we pushed her bike to where we'd be staying at.

It was the spot near the river. It was a small river that mostly only werewolves knew about. It was between Black Crescent Moon territory and The Nightshade Fur territory. The Nightshade Fur was a smaller pack that we had an alliance with so we were allowed on their territory.