|Chapter 5|

|Isabella|

Nico sent me home with the sketchbook saying he'd use another one of his until I finished the picture. Dalton stayed with me most of the time and I got some lemon flavored ice tea as well which was good as well.

'A nice way to stay cool in the summer. And the fact that Nico seems to love that tea a lot. It's like his favorite tea in the summertime.' That it is. If I want that tea so badly I'd just go to where Nico was. He always had it so no reason to go buy the tea mix.

But Dalton's was a good place to go hide out at or hang out at. Especially since Dalton had that ice cream stash of his. And of course we went over to his room and snacked on some ice cream without a doubt.

'Well actually you guys had milkshakes. Dalton voted for milkshakes so you guys enjoyed a nice cold milkshake on a hot day.' That we did. Dalton asked if any of us wanted milkshake an hour later and we all voted for milkshakes. So Dalton broke into his secret stash; only for me though.

The rest of them got ice cream from the freezer that Jackson had bought. While Dalton got me the mint chocolate chip one from his secret ice cream stash. A freezer built into the wall full all of all sorts of ice cream frozen goods and Dalton cracked into it for me.

'Yes, he is a sweet boy. Gave you some ice cream, your favorite type no less.' 'I have this small feeling he had that ice cream saved for me.' Satan nodded. I did too. Dalton was sweet to do something like that. He did a lot for me that didn't require tons of effort. The small things.

Dalton even made my milkshake extra thick the way I liked it. Then loaded it with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Without a doubt that was delicious drink right there. Way better than the tea without a doubt in my mind.

The next day came which resulted in Derik and I splitting up the money together from a job that paid us. Lyric was here as well. 'And Flimur made some good chicken quesadillas for you to eat while doing some financial things with each other. Typical cooking demon, making the hard things worth doing.'

Lyric was next to Derik eating her quesadilla as Derik set down the wad of money. "1,500 dollars." Derik said. It was a late payment from an execution of some serious rogue problems. "So we each get 750 each." Derik said as he began splitting up the cash.

There were hundreds, twenties, and fifties. "We did some tracking of the rogues and the execution of the rogues so it's a good payment." Derik said. 'Another bill paid and more money put into the savings account once more.' A good method, I didn't have to worry about going broke.

Being a hunter put a roof over my head, food in my stomach, water in the house, and everything I needed. It was a job. A. . . family business in a way. Brushing bits of the raven hair from my face and took a bite from the quesadilla as Ryne came in.

"Splitting money?" Ryne asked. "Yup." Derik said completely splitting the money and handing it to me. I counted it to a T coming up with 760. "You gave me an extra ten dollars." I said. Derik looked up. "Keep it. For taking the rogue down coming at me." Derik said with a smile.

'You two really do have each others backs now don't you.' 'We do, if we save each other we tend to give the other one more money.' "Thanks." I told him. "Your so sweet." Lyric said smiling at Derik. Derik licked his lips whole watching her and put his hand on hers.

"I'm sweet enough to get us some good Chinese food tonight baby." Derik said. "We should all get Chinese food." I piped in and Derik smiled. "Yeah, we'll put it all together." Derik said and I smiled. "Ryne we're having Chinese for dinner." I said as he went and got himself some electrolyte water.