Where it stays?

Finnick's POV

I wake up to a heavyweight on my chest. I look down and see that it is Katniss. I slowly run my fingers through her hair. I can't help but think about how Katniss is taking everything. I know that she is pregnant because of the night before the arena. I hope for her sake nothing happens to this baby. I think if she looses the baby she will go mad. I get up slowly to not wake Katniss up and head for the shower. I know the only thing that can ground me now is water. I just let the water run over me as I think about everything. Before, I can get out I hear screaming. I jump out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist. I head straight to her room. When I get into the room I notice that Katniss is having a nightmare. I gently wake her up. She jolts awake and clings to me. She is sobbing at this point.

"Shhh! I've got you Katniss. The dream wasn't real your okay."I say as I hold her and begin to stroke her hair gently.

"Finnick, it felt so real. I watch Snow kill you. He killed you as punishment. Then he killed my baby." She says in between sobs.

"I promise I won't let it happen. He can't hurts us or this baby." I say as I rub her back.

She starts to calm down. Her sobs turn into sniffles. She pulls away slightly and realizes that I only have a towel on.

"I'm sorry Finnick. I'll let you get dressed." She says to me quietly.

"Okay!" I say as get up and changed into some comfortable clothes.

(Finnick's clothes)

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

(Finnick's clothes)

When I go back into check on Katniss I hear her throwing up in the bathroom. I go in to hold her hair back. Once she finishes throwing up she stands and goes to brush her teeth. I start to study her and notice she looks exhausted. I notice she has a faraway look in her eyes.

"What are think about so hard?"  I ask her as she leans against the counter.

"I can't do this Finnick. I'm terrified that I'm going to be like my mom. She completely checked out after my dad died. I don't want to mess this baby up. I can't do this alone." She says with tears in her eyes.

"Katniss, look at me. I promise you that you're not going to do this alone. I'll be here every step of the way. You're the only person I have left. I refuse to loose or abandon you." I say as I pull her into a hug.

"Thank you! Finnick, I don't know what I'd do without you." She says as she pulls back a little bit.

"Why don't you get in the shower? I'll grab you some clothes to change into. We then can lay down and take a nap before we get to district 13." I say to her with a small smile.

She nods her head and hops down off the counter. I then go and grab her some clothes. I bring them back and let her take a shower in peace.

Katniss POV

I get in the shower once Finnick brings me a change of clothes. I quick shower and wash my hair with the lavender scented shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Once I get out and dry off I slip on the clothes Finnick brought me. Then brush my hair out.

(Katniss's Clothes)

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

(Katniss's Clothes)

I clean up quickly then go back into my room and see Finnick laying on my bed. I go and lay down next Finnick with my head on his chest. I can't help but relax with him. I know at least I have one person I can depend on. I just worry that he's going to get hurt as well. I start drift off to sleep as he plays with my hair.

*Three Hours Later*

I'm woken up by Haymitch. He also gently wakes up Finnick.

"We just had to landed in District 13." Haymitch says to the both of us.

We nod and get up to get our things. Once we collect our things we are ushered into a medical wing. They check Finnick out. They try to separate us but I refuse. Once he's given the all clear. I allow them to check me out. I refuse to let go of his hand though. They do ultrasound to check on the baby. That's when the nurse looks down at me with a small smile.

"Do you want to know what you're having?" She ask me softly.

I nod my head at her. I'm to nervous to speak. She then turns the screen towards us.

"Katniss, you're having a little girl." She says with a big smile on her face.

I can't help but let the tears fall.

"She's perfectly healthy. Do you want a copy of your ultrasound?" She asks me.

"Yes, please." I say quietly.

Once everything is done. Finnick and I head to the room will be sharing with the bunks. We both get settled in for the night. This is now where my heart stays. My heart is with my baby and Finnick. The two people that I refuse to let the capitol touch ever again.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 28, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

We Remain (Katniss and Finnick love story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें