Shattered

Katniss POV

I wake up to a large crashing sound. I see that Finnick has raked everything off his dresser except for one picture. That was the picture of him holding Annie at the beach. He picks it up and stares at as he slides down the wall and starts crying.  I walk over quietly toward Finnick and sit down beside him.

"Why? It's not fair he took everything from me. He killed my family not a year after the games because I refused to come to the Capital and sleep with his top bidder. " says Finnick.

I pull Finnick towards me and he buries his head in my chest and continues to cry. I realize just how alone I am. I'm just like Finnick my family is dead, along with Gale, and Peeta. I have no home either because District 12 was bombed.

"I'm going to make sure Snow pays for what he did to the both of us," Finnick says as he wipes my tears.

I nod my head but I can't stop crying.

"We are going to get through this. I promise you that Katniss." He tells me as he picks me up bridal style and lays me on my bed.

He starts to walk toward his but I grab his hand. He looks over at me concerned.

"Will you please lay with me I'm afraid of the nightmares. " I say timidly.

He nods his head and climbs into my bed and lays next to me. I lay my head on his chest and he wraps mhis arms around my waist. I fall asleep to the smell of the ocean which is comforting.

Finnick's POV

I fall asleep with Katniss on my chest. I'm awaken up to a whimper and a strangled cry. I notice it's coming from Katniss.

"Katniss!" I say worriedly as I wake her.

I sit up and finally get her awake. She shoots up and clings to me as she sobs.

"It was just a dream Katniss. " I say as I hold her.

"But it was so real." She says in between sobs.

"I promise you Katniss that as long as I'm alive I will not let anything happen to you," I say to her soothingly.

She starts to calm down and starts to get sleepy. I kiss her forehead and lay back down and hold her. We finally fall asleep into a dreamless sleep.