Snippy

New chap! Hope you like!

Lilia and Peter were walking hand in hand through the forest. They've been looking for Snippy for about an hour now but they couldn't find him. Not that Lilia was too discouraged; after all, this was his hunting time. And when Snippy goes hunting, he can leave for days on end. Nevertheless, she still missed him. She hadn't seen her precious Snippy in about a week, and she was really starting to wonder where he had gone. Besides, she's seven—its normal for a kid her age to miss a person even after a day of not seeing them, let alone a week. She figured she was entitled enough to sulk a little.

Upon hearing his sister sigh, Peter looked down and crouched beside her giving Lilia a small, reassuring smile. "Hey, listen to me bean—we'll find him, okay?" He told her. Lilia, although still a little amiss, gave him a small smile back. Pan pointed to a part of the woods that he knew for a fact did not contain the 'visitors', as well as it being a place he knew Lilia knew well. "Go check around there okay? If you find him, I'll come to you," he says and Lilia smiles a bit more and nods again. She doesn't ask how he'll be able to find her because she doesn't need to—all she had to do is say his name, and Peter will be right by her in an instant.

Giving her brother a hug, Lilia starts to trek her way through the thick forest alone. Although Pan is reluctant to keep her by herself, he knows he has to: he plans on visiting the heroes (just to patronize them) and he doesn't want her anywhere near them. He can't risk her getting hurt just because of their stupid vendetta against him. He needs to keep her safe; even if it means sending her wandering in the forest alone.

But even for a young child, Lilia knows Neverland well; almost as well as he does. He knows she won't get lost and even on the unlikely scenario that she does, she'll be able to call him or a lost boy for help. She's not in danger either; Pan had put magic on her long ago that kept her immune to any harmful charms or spells that could be used against her. But despite all of this he still can't help but worry for her—she is his sister after all.

After taking a few seconds to convince himself that Lilia will be okay, Pan turns on his heel and moves in the direction of Emma and her crew.

                       ••••••

Emma and the gang were in the forest, still pondering about ways they could get off the island or decipher the star map that Bae had, when a low growl was suddenly heard through the trees. Almost immediately was everyone alert and on their feet, weapons drawn and looking around. "What in the hell was that?" Regina snapped, beyond tired of the surprises that the island kept seeming to throw at her. Hook sighed, his hand clutching the hilt of his cutlass tightly. "Probably just one of this island's various dangerous creatures that Pan had just decided to set upon us," he murmured resentfully and everyone looked at him with wide eyes. "Well if there's so many dangerous creatures how come we haven't seen any until now?" Snow asked, wincing when the growling was heard closer. Hook point towards the piece of parchment that was in Emma's pocket. "The map," he stated plainly, and her eyes fell down to it before looking back up at hook. She didn't get it; wouldn't Pan purposely stall them with these creatures. Or was that just 'part of the game'?

The growling was heard ferociously close to Hook's left and everyone turned towards it. Suddenly it stopped. Everyone stayed silent, looking at each other with wariness. ".......Do you think it just le—" David started, only to be cut off by a dark, small, hunched over figure leaping out from the bushes and very nearly barrelling into Hook who had to lunge out of the way in order to not get bitten. Everyone started in shock as they looked at the thing with expressions of horror and confusion. Standing in front of them was a small, black wolf. It was hunched over in a offensive position, ears perked, claws out, and teeth gnashed together in a snarl; which wouldn't be too weird had it not been for the snarls this thing was emitting. Its size, which was more towards the dimensions of a red fox, was quite small for a wolf, though it did not seem to be anywhere younger than its mature stage, which was confusing; and the growls it was emitting sounded like one from a pack of wolves rather than just one small one. Definitely not normal; but nothing was truly normal on Neverland, was it?