Arashi's hardship

Arashi didn't stop running, not until long after he'd left the Leaf village, the idea was to meet up with the secret cloud agents hidden a few miles outside the Leaf.

What he got was not what he was expecting.

The small house had a cloud ninja guarding it but he could feel both Rai and Kira's chakra signature inside, and they were very weak.

Arashi shoved past the guard and stopped cold, Rai was on the floor, unconscious with his left arm missing and only a bloody patch job of a nub remained. A ninja stood over Kira, who was on the table covered in cuts and bleeding from a stab wound in her chest.

Kira was paler than he'd ever seen her, sweating and breathing shallowly.

"Arashi-dono, are you injured?" The medic nin stopped his flow of chakra and Arashi became furious.

"HEAL HER, YOU STUPID BASTARD!" Arashi was shaking as he caught Kira's eye and walked closer.

The bin sighed sadly as he started the healing jutsu again. "I'm sorry, Arashi-dono...I can't repair this damage. She was stabbed with a poisonous blade, all I can really do is prolong her condition until my chakra runs out..."

"Shut up and fix her, or your ancestors will weep when they see what I do to you." He said angrily, barely containing his fury.

Kira twitched a bit, then spoke. "I-It's okay... A-Ara-ku...I'm not af-afraid of dying... only of...not telling y-you that... I... that I loved you... w-when I had...th-the chance..."

Tears blurred Arashi's vision as he closed the distance and took her hand into his, "Please Kira... stay with me. We can leave the Cloud like you always wanted, I don't care where we go or what we do, just please.... don't leave me..." his voice broke along with his heart as she grew more pale by the second.

"B-Be a good m-man...Arashi... be the m-man I... that I always knew y-you could be..." she squeezed his hand weakly, and he watched as the light slowly faded from her eyes. "K-kiss...me...Ar-Ara-kun...."

He leaned over her face slowly, and then gently touched his lips to hers, trying to will her to live.

When he leaned back though, he saw that he'd been too late.

Her eyes were half lidded, staring upward and she was smiling contentedly. She'd gone to a better place.

The medic bin dropped his arms and breathed out heavily, exhausted. "That dammed masked ninja did this, said he was Tobi, then tore these two apart like it was nothing..."

That was all Arashi heard before he screamed in anguish and the world went white, his flames surged from his body in all directions, vaporizing a huge section of the forest.