Gray Area

Juwon's POV

I didn't know why I had said that. He had just looked so incredibly hurt, and I broke. Yet, I built back up again when he agreed, however unwillingly. 

"We're do you live?" I asked him as we walked, aimlessly.

"Fifteen minutes from here." he said gruffly. 

"That doesn't give me much." I smiled at him, holding out my hand. I was hoping to stick this as my first proper greeting with Tatsuo.  

He sighed, reaching his hand to intercept mine. I never had felt such as when he met my hand. But I had to conceal the sparks that flew.  

"Two lefts, three rights." he drew his hand away, pocketing his hands. 

I smile harder, printing the directions in my mind. "Let's go then, Tatsuo."

He perked up. "You remembered my name?" 

"'Course I did."

His eyes bulged. Usually, my days were usually bright, clear. But today was a blur, rough at the edges. Sort of like the grey line between the white and black. 

Yeah, like the grey area.

------------------------------------

Tatsuo's POV

He looked uncomfortable. We had been walking for about ten minutes. We were just passing the coffee shop, when I spotted something down the street, toward the veterinarian. The vet was two minutes from my home.

He must have noticed me staring, because he followed my gaze down the street.

"What do you see?" he asked.

I couldn't be bothered with speaking right now, so I walked of in front of him, toward the shape. I heard him gasp, but I kept walking. The shape I had seen took form, of a box. It was sitting outside the vets, and their was a rustling noise echoing from it.

"What the...?" I whispered to myself, and I could hear the sound of Juwon running up behind me. I finally reached the box, illuminated by the fading light streaming from the vet's window. 

I peered downward, looking over the rim of the box. In there, was a striped picnic blanket, with a small orange and white kitten. There was also a piece of white paper with the words 'Free Kitten' scrawled across it.

It looked adorable, not that I'd say that aloud. As I stared at the cat- it staring intently back at me- Juwon caught up to me. 

"What was that about?" he ran a hand through his two-toned hair, before looking down at the cat. 

I felt Juwon's eyes on me, but I didn't meet them. I knelt, and the kitten meowed pleasantly. I lifted my finger and stroked the cats tiny head. It purred.

"You want him?" Juwon questioned. 

I did.

"It would... it would be nice to not rattle around in my house alone." I wandered aloud. Juwon's eyes still bore into me. I, truthfully, did fancy the idea of a knew roommate, especially one who wouldn't leave me. The cat was about the size of my forearm, it was very small. I turned my palm over, and the kitten's eyes sparkled as it jumped into my hand. 

It was decided. "I'll keep him." 

Juwon studied the cat. "I do believe it's a girl." he laughed. 

"Oh." I flattened the fur on the cats back. 

I stood, the cat still nestled in my arm. Juwon cleared his throat, earning my attention. 

"Speaking of boys and girls..." he stuttered. 

I raised my brow, letting out a small huff of laughter. "Are you asking me what my deal is?" 

He took a breath in. "Yes, I am asking what your 'deal' is..." 

"That is none of your business, Juwon. I can walk from here." I said lazily. 

With the cat in my arms, I began to walk away from Juwon. I caught a glimpse of him gaping at me in embarrassment.  

Throw the guy a bone, I scolded myself.

I looked back, still walking backward, and shouted back to him. "Hey, Juwon..."

He looked from his shoes to me. I grinned. "Dudes." was all I said before turning and strutting away.

--------------------------------------

10 Minutes Later

I was sitting on my bed, the cat laying sweetly on my lap. I was distracting myself by brainstorming names. 

"Hows about... Spot? No, that's awful." I contemplated. 

The cat looked up at me as I stroked her fur. She had orange spots on her paws and down her back. 

"Um... what about... Olive?" when I said this, the kitten's ear perked up, letting out an excited purr. 

"You like that?" The cat meowed. I smiled. "Olive it is. Why don't we make you a place to sleep?"

I moved Olive to the pillow next to me, and stood. The cat didn't stay down, and followed me as soon as I was on my feet. 

I crossed the room to the pile of grey pillows at the foot of my bed, scooping  up four of them. I placed three of them at the beginning of the mini-hall that lead to my on-suite. I huddled them together, taking the pillow cover off of the last one and spread the grey fabric on the make-shift bed. 

"Here you go, Ollie." I patted the pile of pillows, the kitten immediately rushing over to it and flopping onto it.

Olive was snoring within seconds. I would get her checked out tomorrow. 

But, no matter what I tried to distract myself with, my thoughts still trampled but to that of Juwon. I didn't know why I had told him my 'deal'. 

He was getting to me. And this was the guy who literally ran out as soon as he saw me. 

But he was getting to me. 

I have to be more careful about that. If I let all my walls down, who knows what would rush out? 

"What's wrong with me, Ollie?" I sighed, getting the sound of a light snore in response. 

My shoulders drooped. 

He was getting to me.  

------------------------------------------

Hello.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter; it will be getting better soon, not to worry. 

I have plans. 

Also, thank you to all the people who have voted or commented so far. 

Oh, and check out my other story: The Angelic Chronicles. 

- Salvatore16