Black Knight

Tatsuo's POV

Lonely. 

That was one of the few words I would use to describe my life. Colourless, was another. I had no colour in my life, no rainbow. Mine was darkness. 

But then I met someone. They changed me, splashed a rainbow into my life. 

This is the story of how my life changed.

-------------------------------------

Four Months Ago

I combed through my pastel pink hair, staring at myself in my round bathroom mirror. I often stared at myself in the mirror, nitpicking at my features, wishing I looked good. My gaze drifted to the reflection of my torso. 

I was covered in delicate tattoos, ranging from the cat on my rib cage to Japanese characters across my chest, to the blooming flower etched onto my neck, to the fish curling up my arm, to the snarling Japanese tiger that flanked my back. There was also a butterfly decorating my right arm. 

They all meant different things to me. I set the comb down on the bench,  turning to the closed toilet, were I had thrown my deathly black coat. I never bothered to put on a shirt; I had my own sense of  'goth' style. I usually wore black-- black jeans, black pants, black coats and jackets-- it reflected me as much as the mirror. I shrugged the coat on, marching out of my bathroom, into my bedroom.

The white sheets draped over my bed were the only white things in my little house. I stretched my arm around my back, toying with my the thick ribbon running down the spine of my coat. 

I hated that my home only ever saw the likes of me. I missed having people here, though I would never admit this aloud. I had a roommate, once, but Ty had left to pursue a career in pillaging. 

But I didn't want to think about him now. I was already late for work. 

Passing through my living room, I snatched up my house keys from the small coffee table. I threw open my front door, being greeted by the over-grown cherry blossom tree stationed just beside my porch. I ran my fingers along the branches of the lovely tree, which was, again, one of the exceptions to the black of my home. Even the brick it was constructed from was grey. 

I ran down the steps, jumping from the second last step to the ground. I didn't have a car, so I usually walked down to the CD store, where I worked. I literally stacked CD's at the store. I worked for a woman named Ayako. 

I opened the gates and strutted down the side walk. My work was fifteen minutes from my home. 

I walked slowly across the concrete path, noticing how everyone who crossed my path shied away from me. To them, I was a freak, covered in tattoos and piercings. I kept my head up, never being the one to shy away from challenge.

----------------------------------------------------------

30 Minutes Later

Juwon's POV

Ayako stared at me, wide-eyed.  "You haven't even met him!" she shook me at the shoulders. 

I shook away from her. "You are being mean." I scolded her, running my hand through my multi-coloured hair; which was, at the top, halved pink and blue,with rainbow running around my head. 

"But he is!" Ayako hissed at me. She was very opinionated, Ayako. She was my roommate, and my fellow decora kei. We both loved that style of decora kei. Though, I was a little less decked-out than normal. I had settled for a simple-ish pair of baggy blue pants that were decorated with fluffy white clouds, that were connected to rainbow suspenders. I had paired that with a yellow shirt with a rainbow sash flung around it. Ayako was in her usual over-sized jacket and socks, with a colourful tutu and various hair clips adoring her multi-coloured hair. Make up covered her cheeks in the shapes of hearts and stars.