Date or a mental brake? Pt1

Chapter:4

Elliot glanced at herself in the mirror and shrugged not really caring what she looked like. Her hair was lazily pulled into a messy bun; well more messy than bun, but she wasn't trying to impress anyone. A large pale-ish, sweater with gold twin woven into it hung loosely around her waist and hips, ending slightly below her thigh. She like it when her sweaters were huge and loose fitting. She managed to pull on some back skinny jeans over her thick legs and threw on some black converse and said 'TO HELL WITH MAKEUP' and stumbled out the door like a drunk with her pooch not far behind.

~

Elliot smiled as she watches her dog being more social than she can ever be in a week. Sitting under a tree on a bench, she silently watched as her sweet Avocado romped up and down with other people's dogs. She set down his leash that was in her hands next to her, and pulled out her phone.

She rolled up her sleeves only for them to roll back down and texted her one and only friend, Pink.

{Hey, Pink. I got your message and I was wondering if you want to go wine tasting!)

With a sigh She set down her phone and looked back up to watch her dog.

Meanwhile~

Mark sat on a bench and grinned as he saw his beloved Chicka running around with a fluffy Pomeranian. He laugh when Chicka bent down and playfully barked at the small dog. Other dogs joined the party and he sat back watching them play.

With a small sigh he dragged his hand over his face. He was exhausted due to dark being a pain, asking him over and over to have control. He was grateful when he left earlier this morning, but it also scared him.

When Mark does get some sleep he has nightmares, nightmare about killing innocent people. He usually has strange dream but the ones he's been having lately can't help but feel stranger then the rest, more real, more terrifying.

Mark's ears perk up when he heard the name 'avocado' being call out. He slowly opens his eyes to see the fluffy cream and brown dog jumping up and following after the voice of his master. He screwed his lips to the side and decided to find the owner that gave the dog such a peculiar name.

He called out to Chicka and followed after the rambunctious pup. He froze in his spot once he saw a very weary looking Elliot. He felt his heart leap, but his stomach pool with anxiety. He bit his lip and turned around, for some reason unable to face her. He stiffen once he hear a loud bark form Chicka. He whipped around to see Chicka running up to Elliot.

'damn it, Chicka! How dare you betray me!'

Elliot smiled and he felt a whirlwind of butterflies disrupt his stomach. 'Damn, is she beautiful' he thought with adoration.

"Wait a minute, CHICKA!?" wow she recognized Chicka, I mean there plenty of dog that sorta look like her. Mark chuckled softly but stopped once he saw her face pale.

"Oh no if you here-" her eyes scan the area while Mark took a few step back as not to be seen. "Then that means Mark is nearby!" Mark bit his lip and wondered if she didn't like him but he was wrong. It was the complete opposite. She didn't dress to impress but now she's having regrets. She knew she looked like a complete mess and did not want him seeing her like this.

"Ok Chicka go back to daddy, we don't want him seeing me like this do we Chicka bicka" Elliot cooed as the fluffy golden dog soaked up all the attention she was given. Mark sighed in relief knowing she didn't hate him and actually wanted to impress him.

He couldn't help but smirk, and came out of his hiding spot. Chicka turned around and trotted next to him making her eyes snap up to his chocolaty brown ones. Her cheeks immediately redded and she looked away, gulping audibly.