Chapter 3

*Picture of Ciara above*

Sarah's POV

The next morning I woke up in a rush. I looked at the clock and it was already 9:30am. "Shit I gotta get to work." Then that's when everything from yesterday hit me. The fire. I sat up and ran my hand through my hair. Damn I don't have a job anymore more. How the hell am I gonna survive. I let a couple tears fall but then I toughened up. God ain't bring me this far just for me to give up now.

I said my mornin prayer then got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth then got in the shower. I cleaned myself 2 times before I got out and wrapped myself in a towel. I didn't even look in the mirror because I know I'm just gonna tear myself down. I put on some coca butter before putting on a pair of panties and a bra. I went to my drawer and pulled out a green T-shirt and a pair of dark grey shorts. The shirt was a little faded but it's alright I just gotta work with what I got. I put on my clothes and some deodorant. I went into my closet and put on my worn out grey converse. I went to the mirror and put my hair up in a ponytail before grabbing my house keys and my wallet. When I looked in the fridge I didn't have nothin but a carton of eggs, half a gallon of milk, some cheese, and some apples. I closed the fridge and took a deep breathe to control my emotions. I quickly opened the fridge and grabbed an apple before walking out my apartment. I locked the door and took the small walk to the bus stop. I hated walking to the bus stop because I had to walk past my neighborhood wanna be thugs. "Aye yo big girl wassup." I just ducked my head and kept walking by. "Aye man whatchu talkin to her fat ass fa. Bitch look like she could eat you out a house and a home." Him and his friends started laughin I just started walkin faster. "Aye bruh she walkin faster like she see the ice cream truck." "Yo I ain't never see shorts have stretch marks." They was laughin extra hard now and I just kept walkin gettin closer and closer to the bus stop.

When I finally got there I sat down catching my breath a little. Why am I so big? I looked down at my body hating what I saw. My thighs looked like they was gonna swallow the damn bench. Why couldn't I just be born skinny and pretty like everybody else. When the bus pulled up it was so grateful because this Georgia sun is no joke. I got on and paid my $1.75. I was walking to some empty seats in the back when I accidentally bumped into somebody. "Damn fat bitch watch where the hell you goin." I dropped my head and whispered a sorry before takin a seat in the far back away from everybody's stares.

I got off at my stop and just walked down the sidewalk lookin forward to seein the kids today. I started volunteering at the Asher center when I was sixteen and it just became my escape from life.

I was roundin the corner when Ciara ran past me cryin. Ciara was a little girl that started comin to the Asher center a couple months back. She kept to herself and was really quiet but she like to draw and sing. I saw her run into the nearby park and ran after her. Well I sort of jogged after her, what can I say I'm a big girl. When I ran into the park I didn't see her. I spent five minutes lookin around before I heard sniffles comin from up under the slides. I walked a little closer and Ciara had her legs pulled to chest and her arms wrapped around herself. "Ciara?" She looked up then started backing away scared. "No no it's okay. I'm Ms.Sarah from the center. I don't wanna hurt you sweetie I just wanna know why you're crying." She looked at me for a little while before she came from under the slides and sat down in front of me. "They kept making fun of me. They were laughing because I don't have a mommy anymore and I'm small. They called me ugly and said my mommy left because I'm stupid." She was crying all over again and I wrapped my arms around her really feelin bad. "Shh princess you don't have to cry. Look at me." It took her a couple tries but she stopped cryin and looked up with her big hazel eyes. "You are extremely beautiful and special. You have really pretty eyes, have long pretty hair, and the prettiest smile." I ticked her a little and got her to laugh. "You wanna know a secret?" She nodded her head vigorously and I smiled because she was so adorable. "My mommy died when I was seven years old. I use to cry and feel like I was by myself just like you, but then one day I had to think. My mommy never left me. I couldn't see her anymore but she was always with me in my heart and she became my angel. Your mommy will always be with you right in here." I placed her hand over her heart and she looked at her heart smiling. "My mommy is a angel?" "She sure is." She smiled then frowned again looking down. "Am I in trouble?" "I don't know princess I'm sure a lot of people are worried though. We should probably get back." "Okay. Thank you Ms.Sarah." "You're very welcome." She gave me a hug and I returned it smiling. I pulled away and stood up. I took her hand into mine and we started walking but her hand was ripped from mine and I found myself up against the slide with somebody hand around my neck choking the life out of me. "What the fuck is you doin with my daughter?" Oh shit.

*Just a little something something for people who like this book so far. Don't be shy tell me what you think and the love is appreciated.*