Chapter 9

*Not edited yet*

Sarah's POV

Lord I must be dreaming that this man is kissing me. If this is a dream please please please don't wake me up. I was surprised when he lifted me up and sat me on the bathroom sink and stepped closer taking my bottom lip into his teeth then into his mouth sucking lightly. I almost died this kiss was so good, and this was my first so this was a good way to start. He pulled away but held onto my hips making me blush profusely and look anywhere but at him. "Like I said you have nothing to be ashamed about because I see nothing wrong." I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away feeling embarrassed. He tilted my chin up so I was looking up at him. He looked into my eyes then down at my lips before back up at me. He leaned forward and I held my breath surprised but oh so ready for another kiss. We were literally an inch away from our lips touching when his phone started ringing making me pull back and look down while he pulled his phone out his pocket answering it while staring at me the entire. He listened to what the other person said and sighed before telling them he would be there soon. He hung up and and we just looked at each other silently before he spoke. "I gotta go get this money so I'll see you some time tomorrow." "Umm o..ok." He laughed and gave me a quick kiss before leaving, leaving me extremely confused. Why did he kiss me? Does he like me? I laughed at myself not believing someone like Matthew could like someone like me.

I looked in the mirror and sighed seeing that the right side of my face was swollen and this gash looked awful. How could he even kiss me looking like this? I went downstairs and put a small pot of water on the stove adding salt. When the water started to boil I grabbed a wash cloth and dipped it before placing it in my cheek flinching. It hurt like hell but it would help it heal faster. Growing up as a human punching bag you learned things like this. After a couple more times I poured the water out and put the pot away before going back upstairs. After checking on Ciara I went to my "room" and changed into a big t-shirt. I got into bed and prayed before letting my head fall on the pillow letting my eyes close for a much needed sleep.

-

-

-

The next morning I woke up to Ciara playing with her dolls next to my bed. "Baby what are you doing?" "Waiting for you to wake up." "Why didn't you wake me?" "Mommy use to get really angry when I would wake her." She looked sad and I got out of bed lifting her. "Sweetie I won't get mad if you wake me, it's my job to take care of you." "Why?" "Well your daddy needs help and I said I would." "Good I like you Ms.Sarah." "I like you too sweetie now let's go take you a bath and get you some food." She jumped down and ran to her room while I fixed up my room. When I was done I walked into her bathroom to see she was already in the tub with bubbles everywhere. "Ciara baby how much bubbles did you put in the water?" She looked up at me and smiled feeling proud. "Half a bottle." My eyes widened before I took a deep breath and smiled. "Next time wait for me okay." "I didn't do good." "No no no sweetie you did great I'm so proud of you, I just wanna help." "Oh okay mommy." She looked away and started splashing away while I processed her calling me mommy again. After a while of Ciara splashing around I washed her off and washed her hair before rinsing her off and wrapping her in a towel. I took her in her room and dried her off before handing her her underwear and lotion. While she was putting that on I went into her closet and was in awe for a second. Never in my life have I seen so much clothes and shoes. "Ciara what's your favorite color?" "Purple!!" She jumped up onto her bed smiling away and I laughed before grabbing her a purple jumper, a white t shirt, with her Grape 5s. "Do you wanna watch TV while I do your hair?" She nodded so I fixed up her room and cleaned up all the bubbles in the bathroom before taking her hand and going down stairs and into the living room.

Ciara grabbed the remote while I grabbed everything I needed for her hair. I sat down on the couch and she sat on my lap relaxing while I got to work. I always dreamed about having a baby sister or a daughter I could sit down and do this with but I wouldn't wish my life on my worst enemy. I added some curl activator then braided down her hair in two pigtails. "Alright I'm done so what do you want to eat?" "Umm pancakes" "Again?" "Yeah your pancakes are yummy." "Alright I'll be back."