T h i r t y - O n e

Salaam! (READ THIS!) 

Okay, there are quite a few things I'd like to say: 

1. The last scene of this chapter sucks :( It was hard to write and I feel like I haven't done my best. But fear not, amigos. The editing part awaits. Hopefully, I'd be able to sort this out by then. 

2. Make way for some shameless advertising! I want you guys to read my short story: Lots of love, Riley. I'd really appreciate it since I wrote it in one hour at 3 in the morning. Quite an odd time to have an inspiration but worth it...nonetheless. Please, please go check it out? ^_^

3. Thank you! Thank you for your support...your messages, your comments, your votes. They all make me smile goofily. So thank you. I have never had this much support before and even though this is less compared to other books but I still find it overwhelming. So again, thank you. 

Dedicated to @arose4u who made me realize that Haris needed some flaws. It is because of her that I finally decided on my main climax. The credits for this chapter go to her. Thank you, love <3 
P.S. Check out her story "Don't Say Anything." 

Cheers! Happy Reading! (And sorry for the interruption) 

~Rida <3

<< Reaching for the skies - I only felt the groud / Feeling for the up, I only saw the down >> 

Thirty One | Going Down

H a r i s: 

They were gone when I woke up. 

Feeling a little unsettled - because they had left me on my own - I reluctantly got off my bed to get ready for class. I still had half an hour but it was just enough to run a quick shower and grab a sandwich for breakfast. 

The beds were messed up and the fetor of beer still filled the air, indicating towards last night's activities. I was acutely aware of the broken glass scattered on the side of Damien's bed as I nonchalantly walked towards the bathroom. 

On the inside, my heart was pounding, no matter how hard I tried to push the fear away and wrap it in multiple sheets. The battle against terror was a useless thing. 

So as I walked towards my first class - in which all of my friends were present - I let the fear get the best of me and tried to escape the clutches of it by skipping. But the odds had never really been in my favour and unluckily, I ran in to Ms. Lockheart, the teacher who was supposed to take our first class. 

She smiled at me kindly, "Where are you going, Haris? The class is that way." 

I thanked God that she was a truly nice person and never thought negatively about others. She just assumed I was lost. 

"What?" I feigned surprise. 

Still smiling genuinely, she put a hand on my shoulder and led me with her, "Come on. Let's show you where the class is. We don't want you getting lost once again, do we?" 

Yes. "No," I lied. 

And so fate took me towards my dorm mates and their friends. 

As I walked in, right after the teacher, a guy smirked and said, "Couldn't even keep away from the teacher, could you?" 

I would probably have punched him on the face without hesitation if not for Miss Lockheart's loud gasp and her words, reprimanding his actions and giving him detention.