Round Six: Entries

Eran

Farran's POV

The wind grated against my blue scales as we battled against the storm. A lightning bolt wriggled its way through the air in the distance, causing my more colour sensitive eyes to wince.

I fought against the wind with huge wing beats, smiling slightly as I remember what Saphira said.

'There is a storm coming, make sure you stay inside and don't go out in the storm. It's a big one,' she had said.

The thing was, Eran and I had flown through bigger. It was the only way to fly.

I braced against a sudden up draft, which started to draw us up towards the clouds. I knew it was a lot calmer up there, and fort to stay in the storm. My more the able wings carried us through the up draft and into an equally strong downdraft, sending my rider and I down towards the ground.

I smiled and drew my wings closer to my side, just before we crashed I opened them as quickly as possible and drew us to an almost standstill, before climbing back up into the air. My wings felt nicely stretched after that. The first time I had tried this particular trick my left wing almost ripped off.

Eran cried out in excitement.

'That was awesome!' yelled the partner of my heat and mind.

'That was nothing,' I replied, knowing fully well that I was capable of a lot more.

Many dragons wouldn't dear a storm like this, but I wasn't one of them. Roaring out I let loose a bolt of blue fire, my tongue sizzling slightly from the heat.

'The heart of the storm is dead ahead,' said Eran, 'you ready for some epicness.'

'You know that answer,' I replied with a draconic grin.

My wings powered ahead, beating through the storm with little effort. I often thought that I would be the perfect dragon for secret missions, for I would be able to go during stormy weather.

The eye of the storm was surrounded in ferocious wins that could tear an inexperienced dragon's wings off, but I knew how to battle these winds with ease.

Directing my body in the direction of the wind, I entered the torrent. The wind tore at my wings and scales, but instead of fighting it, like most dragons would, I went with the flow. Eran yelled ecstatically from his seat, and I could feel his hands almost frozen around that saddle humans deemed as important.

I went faster and faster around the eye of the storm, starting to get slightly dizzy.

'Okay Farran, time to go into the calmer part,' said Eran.

I agreed silently. There was a funny feeling in my stomach and a dragon hurling during a flight didn't bode well. I angled my body slightly so, after one more round, I broke from the tornado and into the eye.

I made sure to stop and hovered in the eye. The winds were a lot calmer here, almost peaceful. I smiled and closed my eyes, relying on Eran to guide me away from the storm itself.

'Over or back through?' I asked after a few minutes of rest.

'Back through, a lot more fun that way,' replied my rider with a grin.

I sighed, knowing the answer already. I began to make my way towards the edge of the wind currents around the eye, waiting for that right opportunity to get through.

Just as I was about to go for it I felt a sharp pain at the base of my head. It took me two seconds to realise it wasn't my pain, but Eran's I was feeling.