The Cafe

"Does a Luke Hemming's work here?" someone asks.

I look up to see a tall boy. Bright hair and green eyes.
"Uuumm, I'm afraid not...why?" I ask him. This guy could be a murderer for all I know, of course I'm not gonna tell him I'm me. But he looks so familiar...

"Well... let's just say, an old friend of his is looking for him." The boy smirked and turned for the door but stopped. "If you happen to run into him...tell him Michael Cllifford stopped by..." He winked and left.

Michael Clifford....Michael Clifford. MICHAEL CLIFFORD! I haven't seen him in two years. Puberty did him well.

But wait... Michael always hung around with...Ashton. An old friend.

No.NO.nonononono Ashton can't be looking for me. No. It's not him.

Lu?....Luke? "LUKE!" Calum was snapping in front of me.

"You were zoned out for like two minutes. Who the hell was that?" he asked, looking back towards the door...

"An old friend of mine... no worries." I fake a smile. I'm actually really really worried...

All I know is nothing good can come of this... nothing

~~~~~

I locked the doors of the arcade and unlocked my car door. I can't wait to get the heater on it's chilly out tonight.

I slip the key into the ignition and turn it. The car starts to sputter and then cuts off, so I try again but the same thing happens. I try a few more times.

"SHIT! nonononono NO!" I slam my fists on the wheel in frustration, heave a sigh and sit back in the seat defeated.

I pull my phone out of my pocket to try and call someone but of course, my phone is dead.

"URGH! FUUUUCK MY LIIIIIIFE!!" I yell and throw my car door open.

I get out and start walking home which, may I tell you, is a peachy 42 blocks away.

"fan-fucking-tastic" I mumble to myself

I walk for a few minutes trying to shield myself from the harsh wind but nothing was working. I slowly start approaching an old cafe. The same cafe I've been avoiding like the plague these last few years, but desperate times.

I push open the doors and enter the warm, safe atmosphere with the warm, happy memories that only made my heart throb. I sat in the corner as they all came flooding back at once.

~Flashback~

(if you like to listen to songs when you read, I played 'wherever you are' on repeat while writing this)

We were running, trying to get out of the rain when Ashton grabbed me by my elbow and pulled me into a cozy little cafe. We went and sat in the corner.

"I like it here. It's homey." I said smiling at my best friend but his demeanor had changed. He just nodded, a silence then falling over us.

After a while he cleared his throat bringing my attention back to him.

"Um, Luke I have something I have to tell you.... And you may or may not hate me after this..." He said avoiding all eye-contact.

"Oh Ashy... I could never hate you. You're my best friend." I say and place my hand on his across the table.

He grabs that hand and looks me strait in the eyes. "That's just the thing Luke. I don't want to be friends..." he says.

"I'm not sure what you're saying." I say confused.

I Want You Back. /|Lashton|\जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें