A Trip to Repent

Can you blame me?

I was in love.

In fact, I still am.

The one I fell hard for was already taken.

Despite that, I still went through with it.

I touched him.

I let him touch me.

I slept with him.

I let him top me.

I enjoyed several nights and dates with him.

We did what we wanted.

I didn't care.

I love him.

If I didn't cross the border, he never would've looked my way, to pay attention to me for once.

But, now that I did, now that I have done it,

It's eating me in the inside.

Why did I do such thing?

..... 

I just did something I shouldn't have, something I thought would make me proud of myself. It was truly unheard of, truly unforgivable, truly despicable.

I just slept with my best friend, my best friend who already had a lover.

And the worst part is, I enjoyed it.

But, now, it's the opposite.

Because of me pushing myself towards Tsukki, he and his lover (M/N) broke up.

"Marvelous! They finally broke up," I said to myself at first. What I wanted to happen after all these years has finally come true; all the time I spent crying myself to sleep, all the time I wasted waiting and hoping, they have finally bear results. Excellent results – to me.

However, on the day that they broke up, Tsukki called up to me and shattered my delusions.

.....

"Y-Yamaguchi?"

I was busy with some paperwork thrown my way by my supervisor, Ukai-san, when a phone inside my drawer rang. It's the policy of the company for employees to reject or deny private calls during working hours. Exception to that rule is if the call pertains to life-threatening situations involving someone within the first-degree of the family lineage of the employee – mother, father, sibling, spouse, or children. To distinguish private calls from emergency ones, I had two phones. The number I gave Tsukki was my emergency one, so that I can contact him anytime, anywhere, with no obstructions.

That is why when I knew that it was my emergency phone which made a sound, I immediately took it from the drawer and excused myself to the break room, swiftly yet carefully striding against the people my way.

As soon as I looked at the caller number, my heart jumped with joy. It was Tsukki. Giggling with excitement like a teenage girl on a Friday night, quickly, the green button was swiped to the right, my ears waiting to hear the cooing voice of my blonde man. What I was expecting to be a sweet and slightly flirty voice turned inti something else. It sounded off. Hollow.