A Trip to Forget

What was the worst thing that you have seen in your entire life?

A score of zero on your favourite subject?

Your most liked dessert at a nearby cake shop being removed from the menu?

Or perhaps, seeing your childhood teddy being torn apart by the claws of time?

For me, it was something else...

How I wished I worked overtime.

.....

"Nee, Tsukki, where do you wanna go next?"

Tsukki?

Okay, there's something wrong here.

I'm sure Kei-kun emailed me about him leaving for a business trip to Kyoto. I even confirmed it with Kuroo-san, so why did I hear his oh-so-unique nickname here? At Kabukichou?

In my defence, I was just walking straight towards home. It just happens that Kabukichou is en route. So, again...

What the hell is my boyfriend doing here at the red-light district in Shinjuku?

Hearing the earlier voice once more, but this time, getting closer, I decided to conceal myself in the nearest alley. As I positioned myself to observe my surroundings, there.

I saw it.

My boyfriend, Tsukishima Kei, walking with his childhood friend, Tadashi-kun, the blonde's arm circling around the green-haired man's thin waist, while the other rested his head onto Kei's shoulder. Both were a bit flushed, so I assumed they had a drinking session somewhere down the road.

"Tsukki, where do you wanna go next?" A small hiccup followed. Yamaguchi's fingers running across Tsukishima's broad chest – clothed chest of course.

"How about to that new hotel we saw a couple of days ago?"

Hotel?? A couple of days ago? What's going on here?

"That's good," Tadashi slurred, his fingers now creeping towards Kei's bum.

As the two slowly walked pass me, I immediately felt the intimacy between the two, as if not caring if there would be any person around would recognise them.

It's sickening me...

They continued on showering each other with affection as they headed to whatever direction that new hotel they mentioned earlier is, not noticing that I was looking at their backs with tears threatening to burst from my eyes.

W-What's going on here? D-Don't tell me...

After that shocking encounter, I decided to do a little bit of investigative work. I figured that Kuroo-san would probably side with his old friend/employee, so I decided to do this on my own. So much for being my upperclassman at the university. I used all my free time during and after work to spy on my boyfriend.

And it turns out...

He is having an affair with Tadashi-kun.

From their so-called date at the Tokyo Tower, to their supposedly secret rendezvous at Kabukichou, specifically at that new hotel they mentioned, every twice to thrice a week, it confirmed what I feared the most.

What did I do wrong? Did I lack in something?

Did Tsukki not need me anymore?

I can't take more of this...