Chapter twenty: A lady in trousers

Start from the beginning

The dragon was glorious in a massive way. It scales were a deep brown hue reaching over a ninety feet long figure. The horns extending from its head were sharp and long. Emoriah didn't doubt they were used for battle.

She watched as the dragon studied the crowd scanning over them with intelligent eyes. "This here is Maori, she's my companion." Professor Mabon said, laying a hand on her head. The dragon closed her eyes and a deep hum pulsated from her chest. "Does anyone volunteer to go riding first."

Emoriah didn't know her hand was raising up from her side in till it was too late. "Princess Emoriah. Step forward." Blast it!

She scowled at her hand and ripped it from the air. All eyes were on her as she pushed to the front. Emoriah scrunched her nose from the smelly odor that emanated from the boys around her. Did they not wear deodorant here? Or are boys usually this smelly? Emoriah scrunched her nose as her head reached most of the boys' repulsive armpits. Pressing her lips together she finally emerged from the pungent air that clung to her nose.

The dragon eyed her sharply, as Emoriah made her way over her steps hesitant. Professor Mabon offered her a hand but Emoriah shooed it away and stretched her free legs out. Yes, she was definitely digging the pants. But she didn't really know how the crowd felt as they stared at her with their mouths agape. She smiled and waved at them before placing a foot and swinging her body on the saddle.

The dragon below her blew out a snort, before standing up to its full towering height. Emoriah detected every breath the dragon took as her derriere rose with every intake. Fear pinged her stomach as she heard the wings unwrap from the dragon's side. Was this to late to say no? But she never got the answer she wanted, as the dragon pushed from the ground and soared up to the sky.

A scream ripped from her throat and was carried away by the wind, as Emoriah clung to the sharp scales around the dragon's neck. She heard a light chortle in her mind but dismissed it when a stinging blast of wind bit her cheeks leaving them numb in her waking. Intense terror racked up Emoriah's spine, as she took a tiny glance behind her.

She was already high above her classmates' heads she watched as they got smaller and smaller reshaping into small black dots below her. Another current of icy wind wacked at her hard, causing her sweaty hands to slip from the scales. "Hold on!" A throaty voice said, penetrating its way in Emoriah's mind.

Emoriah swiped her hands blindly in front of her and grasped the sharp scales with her fingers. She felt the scales cut deep into her hands when she held on to them forcibly, as the piercing wind stole tears from her eyes. Then it all stopped. Silence crept its way to her ears, a calming substitute after the howling of wind earlier. A warm breeze brushed against her cheeks thawing them out, as her hair fell behind her in a messy tangle. She opened her eyes and squinted when the sun sent a blasting glare at her. She glanced around but even with her eyes half closed the breathtaking sight below could not be hidden.

They soared up above the clouds now pivoting this way and that, as Emoriah stared dazedly around. Dragons, upon dragons were fluttering and gliding below and above them in all sizes. Their scales shone from the sun above sending glittering reflections on Emoriah's skin. "Are you okay little princess?" Emoriah jumped at the voice and looked around.

"Whose asking?" Emoriah felt the dragon below her vibrate with a deep chuckle then followed by a snort of hot air from its snout. "You really have to ask that my dear?" The dragon turned its neck to the side, so it could examine her studying her with its vibrant eyes.

Emoriah reached out and placed her palm on its scaly cheek. "But how?"

"Child you hold more power than you even know. Just like your father."

Emoriah's heart lurched at the statement feeling the turmoil spoon around her stomach. "You know my father?"

"Of course, most dragons did."

Excitement then spiraled its way through her building up inside. "Please, tell me about him."

The dragon cocked her head and pivoted back the way they came. "You're flying lesson is done for today." Emoriah didn't even feel the eating disappointment in her stomach, as the dragon wrapped her extended wings in tightly and dove down towards the horror that laid in the clouds.

Emoriah opened her eyes finally when she felt the dragon land on the ground. She got off the dragon in a daze not quite hearing the rambling Professor Mabon was saying to her. Maybe something about her hands? She glanced down at them and finally broke from her trance. Blood dripped from shallow cuts along her palms sending a pain through her arm. Foozler! She couldn't do anything without getting hurt could she?

She watched as a boy from the crowd took her place and sat on the dragon glancing nervously at her hands. She gave him a thumbs up almost wincing at the action then turned on her heel to find the nurse. "Meet me in three hours at the edge of the forest. And I'll finish what was never said."

Emoriah turned sharply and watched as the dragon stared at her for a moment, before springing from the ground and taking the squealing pig on her back with her.

..

Emoriah dug herself into the griffin buns laid in front of her. The bread melted on her tongue sending a blissful sweetness on her taste buds. She took another savory bite before glancing down at the drawer in the lap. Four precious eggs laid inside tucked in with her pillowcase. A strong feeling incased Emoriah as she stared at them.

Something told her she needed another dragon. She didn't know why but the feeling was powerful. She felt her arm raise from her side and skim over the top of the eggs, before stopping at the fiery red. As if drawn like a magnet her fingers graced against the eggshell sending an electrical shock up her arm. Jollocks!

She rolled the drawer back in her dresser hiding her valuables, then reached her hand over the table for the satin pouch. The pouch felt cool on her fingers, as she placed the egg inside cinching it safely. She placed the cord around her neck and tucked it under her shirt, so it laid above her nonexistent breasts. It felt like the beginning of a new chapter. A chapter of a mind-spinning adventure.

..

Emoriah's feet crunched on the dry moss beneath her, as she walked her way to a large spindling tree. Birds tweeted sweetly above her, as her dragons flew beside her eating bugs to their hearts content. Small curls broke from her bun moving around her cheeks wildly, as a warm breeze blew past her. She didn't get far in the dark depths of the forest before large hands grabbed at her.

Rough icy hands attached to muscular arms leading all the way up to a pair of familiar golden eyes. The eyes of an Adar. Emoriah screamed and kicked her legs out but she was no match for his strength, as he simply slapped her cheek and threw her to the ground. Emoriah raised a hand to her face feeling it burn hot from the impact. How dare he!

The man gazed at her with enticing eyes studying her as she laid on the ground in a pathetic lump. She almost thought she saw disappointment flash through his golden orbs, but never quite believed it as he rammed a hard blow to her head. Definitely a mind-spinning adventure all right. She thought, as she lost herself in the gaping cold darkness of her mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me your thoughts down below!

till next time luvs:)