[Chapter twenty]

[Chapter twenty]

I had never ran so fast in my whole entire life. Never felt so hopeless as I dragged myself to my destination but as I ran I knew if I didn't push through this barrier of moping I would never correct things. This was all Malfoy's fault.

I pushed through the common room door, tripped over a bag, jumped forward and grabbed Colin Creevy by the front of his shirt. My ragged breathing was the only thing right now stopping me from demanding the camera. Everyone was staring.

“Grace! What's wrong?” He asked, his voice full of surprise.

“Camera! W-where” I took another deep breath “Took picture! Must delete” I hissed through my teeth. I would lie to him, tell him that when I picked up the camera I accidentally took a picture of myself. Hopefully he would see my distress as embarrassment.

“Oh! Uh it's here” he pulled it to his side, ready to turn it on when I snatched it from his hand and began searching for the on button. I nearly jumped out of my skin when a big hand pressed to the bottom of my back.

“What's wrong?” Oliver chuckled.

I instantly flinched away from him, his touch only burning into my skin enforcing the enormous amount of guilt.

“Someone took a bad picture of themselves!” Colin laughed, eyeing my warmly but also hoping that I'd give his camera back. I stepped away from them both, turned around and turned it on.

I gasped at the first picture on the old magical device. It was me and Malfoy, our lips touching sweetly, our faces touched with pass-

I pressed the delete button without a second thought. I almost cried with relief when it was removed but then I realised it could never remove itself from my memory and that hurt. Especially when my lovely boyfriend was curling my long hair around on his fingers. I turned around, passed the camera to Colin and placed a guilty kiss on Oliver's lips.

Oliver pulled away with the most beautiful smile I had ever seen “You know I'm sure it wasn't that bad after all there's no such thing as a bad thing with you.”

It was my instant reaction to place a tense smile on my face.

He was only a few feet away from me, his head bent low as he looked at some sort of paper on one of the library desks. He was right at the back, out of sight but not out of mind. I scoffed. Not bothering to announce my company on him I slid into the seat across the table from him.

I shrunk back from the glare on his face. This had been the first time we had actually been in one another's company since that dreadful evening and I was already regretting bothering coming to find him but I straightened my back and looked him dead on in the eye's.

“What do you want Wayward?” he hissed, looking over my shoulder for anyone that might see us.

“I don't want anything I just came to tell you about your little friend who's hell bent on making my life a misery” I hissed right back.

He raised an eyebrow at that, smirk intact “Oh and who might that be?”

“Theodore Nott”

How odd, his face had suddenly contorted from smug to rage but weren't they friends? Even if they weren't you wouldn't pull that face for a house mate. I filed this information away for later.

“And why should I care?”

“Because he knows”

“He knows-” he began until the realization of what I was talking about hit him full force like a train destined to never stop. He closed his eye's and slumped in his chair.

I waited calmly. I had already dealt with this in my head and that had taken me a few good days and knowing Malfoy he was pretty much a hot head so I didn't bother to say anything. Afterall this was his fault.

“How?” he croaked.

Oh now that was weird! Malfoy had never shown-

“HOW!?” he screamed. I jumped up, clutching my chest in hope to stop the now pounding of my poor heart.

“I don't know, he took a picture on Colin's Camera. I deleted it of course.”

Suddenly his eye's where on me and I knew deep down he was trying his hardest to remain calm and collected but he was bubbling over, the anger seeped from his pours. I almost felt bad for him.

“I'll sort it” was all he said.

“That's all I ask Malfoy” I brushed down my robes as I stood, ignored his penetrating gaze and stepped away from him.

“I'll fucking kill him!”

I hope you do.

“It hurts Kris!” Leona complained.

Kris rolled his eye's for the third time and grabbed Leona's hand, she was suffering from cramp after finishing a sixteen inch essay. Poor girl wasn't used to actually doing her work. I grinned as Kris began massaging her hand.

“Your such a baby you know that?” he grinned at her.

Leona being the girly girl she was pouted at him, scoffed and tapped his head. Kris was quiet.

I made whipping sounds. They both scowled at me. I hoped they would get together and soon! After all they practically acted like a couple....when they weren't arguing of course.

“Hey babe” I smiled brightly when Oliver bent over the sofa to kiss me, his lips where cold from quidditch practise but I liked it, it reminded me of-

“Ew man!” Kris complained.

We broke about, I blushed and Oliver threw a pillow at his head. We all laughed. Even the sound of my laugh wasn't right, there was no happiness in there, no warmness, no sweet ring that normally came with my laugh...instead it seemed forced and strained. I think I was the only one to notice it.

“Right I'm going to go get out of this uniform and then we'll do something okay?” Oliver pecked my cheek and looked at me expectantly.

I groaned inwardly. I didn't want to go for a walk, go study, go to the kitchens or anything like that I just wanted to relax and forget about everything that has happened over this dreadful months. The war, the terrifying picutres and the weird going ons with Malfoy had took everything out of me. I would be a zombie soon.

“Cant we just relax tonight? Im really not up to doing anything tonight”

“Oh okay” he smiled. “We'll just stay in the common room then” he walked off then.

I turned away from him and pulled a pillow tighter to my chest .As I looked up at my two best friends I saw a look of confusion on there faces.

“Are you okay Grace?” Leona asked softly.

I faked another smile “Of course why wouldn't I be?”

“Oh I just...it doesn't matter!” she babbled before turning her full attention on Kris. So I wasn't as closed off as I thought, maybe they could read the emotions on my face. After all my mother always tells me I'm an open book.

I hope Malfoy can't read my face.