thirty two | the confrontation

yerim excitedly entered the restaurant wearing a red dress that fits her body perfectly.

she already arrived at the place where joohyun and her was supposed to meet

she already arrived at the place where joohyun and her was supposed to meet. joohyun told yerim not to worry about anything because she's going to plan everything. and she wasn't disappointed. the restaurant was fancy. she took her time walking and enjoying the sight of huge chandeliers and lots of wine displayed in front of her. the restaurant was not crowded, obviously because of it being a fancy one that almost everyone is just here because of a business meeting or dinner. she was excited because her and joohyun would finally have quality time together after months that felt like forever for yerim. she looked around, hoping to find her unnie quickly because she has so many stories to tell, including what happened with her and jungkook.

but the excitement she was feeling just seconds ago faded away when her eyes landed on a person, also looking straight at her. it was the one and only jeon jungkook. sitting on a table with a girl. not long enough, the girl looked back and yerim recognized her. jungkook is with lisa.

'great. just great. out of all places they could date. ahh, the night is still young and im already close to having a mental breakdown.'
yerim thought.

she quickly looked away from jungkook's stare, who on the other hand didn't realize he was staring at yerim for minutes already since he found her roaming around the restaurant.

he was confused. first, he was forced out of bed by his taehyung hyung who told him that he was craving for some fancy food and told jungkook to go first because he had an emergency. second, when he arrived at the restaurant, he saw lisa inside, sitting alone so of course he went to her and sat beside her. when he asked who lisa was waiting for he was surprised at her reply because apparently, she's also waiting for taehyung. and now, yerim is here too. it's just too many coincidences that it doesn't feel like coincidence anymore.

when yerim looked away and looks for the comfort room, jungkook immediately stood up and followed her. leaving the confused lisa behind.

'it's time for me to know what went wrong with us.'
jungkook thought.

"kim yerim! stop right there and talk to me!" he shouted loud enough for yeri to hear. but yeri didn't even bother to look back. she just continued to walk until she finally reached the door to the women's comfort room. but just before she could lay her hands on the door's knob, jungkook swiftly blocked the door and went in front of her.

"t-talk to me, please." jungkook said, with tears forming in his eyes. as soon as he said it, yerim felt guilty. she didn't know why because she's the one who's being played in this situation but seeing jungkook's sad eyes is just melting her.

"what do you want to talk about? why did you even leave your girlfriend there? just go jungkook. im fine, you don't need to explain or worry about me. it's alright." yerim said without a pause while her heart is silently breaking inside. making the man in front of her confused of what she said.

"girlfriend? aren't you that girl?" jungkook said, not having control of the words he's saying because of the confusion builded up in his mind

"what? i was supposed to be. but i found out you already had one." yerim said, while holding herself from crying. she's a strong one but having a man standing right in front of you who denies her relationship with his girlfriend who is also at the same place just seems so ridiculous for yerim.

"huh? i don't have one! i was pursuing you, kim yerim." jungkook said with a loud voice that startled yerim. he just can't help it. yerim ignored her for weeks and when she's already right in front of him, he tells her to go back to his non existent girlfriend?

"uhm, sorry guys for butting in but do you have any problem?" lisa went near the two the moment she heard jungkook's loud voice. she quickly wrapped her arms around jungkook's. and yerim saw it all. she noticed every detail of their skinship. and her heart broke for the nth time today.

"sorry for interrupting your date too but eveything is fine." yerim replied while maintaininng eye contact with lisa. she did her best to avoid looking into jungkook because she knows her tears will immediately fall once she met his eyes.

"what? we're not on a date yerim!" the confused jungkook said. everything that yerim is saying is totally nonsense to jungkook. he doesn't understand a single shit of what yerim is insisting. him having a date? how could he do so when he's so busy lying on his bed thinking of what he did wrong to yerim 24/7.

"your linked arms says otherwise. anyways, i'll go now. have a great night to you both." yerim said while taking a quick glance at their obvious skinship.

when yerim turned away, jungkook quickly removed lisa's arms which he didnt even realize was intertwined with his and he went to grab onto yerim's to stop her from leaving. the girl was shocked at jungkook's action. when he realized that yerim was surprised at his sudden harsh action he immediately felt guilt.

"i'm s-sorry.. i didn't mean to hurt you. and, im not dating lisa. if that's what you're thinking. i want you, and you only kim yerim."

author's note
on a writer's block atm so all of my stories aren't progressing ㅜㅜ i promise to publish the next chapter of this (which would be a part 2) as soon as possible! ty for being patient. 💜

*exo came back today so i was inspired to update! haha kings are backkk!