"And I like waking up to find you cooking me breakfast. That's always a treat," I reply with a teasing smile.

Harry frowns and walks over to his stove to take the pancakes off the griddle, "Sometimes I think that's the only reason you keep me around."

"Babe," I say dramatically, fighting his stubborn determination to look away from me by trying to attain eye contact with him. "You know I love carbs, but if I had to choose between you and carbs, I'd choose you."

At this, an amused laugh falls from Harry's mouth and he looks up at me with a plate full of pancakes stacked high on top of it in his hand. "Oh, really?" Harry skeptically raises his eyebrow at me. "So you're telling me that if I were to give you the choice between this plate of pancakes and me, you'd choose me?"

What the fuck kind of question is that?

I roll my eyes, "Of course I would. Surely, you don't think this lowly of me or of my feelings for you, do you?" Harry shrugs and tentatively begins grabbing the pancake toppings, refusing to lock his eyes with me. What is with him this morning? He's not serious, is he? With a sigh, I stand up from my stool and force Harry to let me hug him, wrapping my arms around his slender waist and pressing my cheek against his bare chest.

Wow, he's so soft and warm; I could literally hug him all day and never get bored of it.

"What are you–"

"I love you a lot; you know that, right?" I look up at Harry and see that he is smiling rather proudly down at me.. a little too proudly if you ask me. Harry doesn't say anything to reveal why he's grinning like an idiot, so I guess I am tasked with asking him myself. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Harry bends his head down to lightly kiss my lips, his warmth seeping into me and making me feel all tingly inside. But the feeling is fleeting as Harry pulls away, that same cheeky grin still plastered on his face. "I just wanted to hear you say that."

Ah, I see. That's cringey, but I guess I can let the cheesiness slide just this once. I suppose I'll even participate a little.

"What?" I tease him, reaching up to his face and brushing a loose curl from his face. I love that curl; you know which one I'm talking about. It's the one that falls in front of his eyes no matter how hard he tries to keep it in place. That curl right there is my very best friend; however, right now, I'd like to get a clear view of his lively green eyes, so I'm afraid I must brush it aside for now. "What did you want to hear me say?"

Ha, two can play at this game.

A giggle comes from Harry's smiling mouth as he turns his eyes shyly away from me, and I can see the blush rising to his cheeks. Cupcake Harry is out to play this morning, and I am here for it.

"Hm?" I press Harry, and he groans in embarrassment.

"I should have seen that coming," Harry laughs nervously, finally looking into my eyes. I love it when he does that, because then I get to see the tiny details in his irises that I don't normally notice by just looking at him. Harry's eyes are just so enchanting, because generally, they're fairly bright, but towards the edge of his eyes, he has this really striking shade of emerald that bleeds into the light part with a really intense contrast. They're just stunning, and I feel myself falling further under Harry's spell every time I look into them.

Harry continues, pulling me out of my Harry-induced trance. "I love you.. I love hearing you say that to me." Shaking his head and chuckling to himself, Harry pauses with a sigh. "This is going to make you cringe into your soul when I say it," Harry begins, and I brace myself for the cheesy line he's about to lay on me. "But when I hear you tell me you love me, I can see that you really mean it, and I– I've never had that before... To be loved by the one I love, that's just... incredible to me."