So, No Head?

A/n: prepare yourself for some smut js

"Camryn–" Harry begins, but I cut him off.

"This food looks really good, doesn't it?" Fuck, that's a lame distraction, but I don't want to talk about my almost declaration of love for him. He probably doesn't even feel the same way, so if we talk about it, I'm just going to end up more embarrassed than I already am. That is not the move, so we're not going to go there if I can help it.

I keep my eyes off of Harry in an effort to avoid his probably intense gaze, and instead focus on unrolling my silverware from the fancy cloth napkin.

"So, how much of this do you want?" I ask him, allowing myself to look at him for just a moment. He seems to be frowning, but he nonetheless answers me, meaning that I have successfully avoided an awkward conversation. Take that, subconscious, you have failed in getting me to say the thing.

"Oh, um, just take what you want, then I'll have the rest," Harry mumbles, straightening his back in the chair before taking another sip of his wine. Nodding, I dish out a bit of each item onto my plate before sliding the leftovers to Harry. He frowns at me and raises his brow questioningly, "Are you sure you don't want more? You barely took any food at all."

I shake my head in response, thinking about how tight my formal dress is. I have spanx, but at this point, any little bit I can resist helps. Even though we've pretty much just worked a lot of things out between us, I still want to slay his life, and if I'm going to do that, I can't be bloated from all this good food. "No, I'm okay. I'll wait to binge eat until after tomorrow night. I have to be skinny like Mariah."

"I don't get that meme at all," Harry says with an exasperated sigh. "And I really don't get why you would starve yourself for a sleezy dance; you're perfect already."

First of all, gah, Harry, stop. My face is going to burn off from blushing so hard if you say things like that to me. Second of all, Mariah is a skinny legend. That's all there is to it; I don't get why that's so hard for you to grasp.

I bite down on the inside of my cheek to keep from smiling like an idiot, but I end up failing miserably. No surprise there.

Harry tries to put more food on my plate, but I stop him and he nearly scowls at me. "Really, Harry, I'm fine. That Chick-fil-A from earlier has made me not so hungry."

Harry hesitates for a minute before finally giving in to me, "You only got a kids' meal, so I know you're lying right now, but if you're not gonna eat it, I will."

I roll my eyes at his very valid assessment and watch Harry as he begins to eat what looks to be some pretty damn good scallops. This is probably creepy, but I really love the way his mouth moves when he eats. Also, that jawline of his is even more prominent, so it kind of looks like it could cut a bitch. Well, maybe not, but at least a soft fruit or something, like a strawberry.

"You're staring," Harry states dryly, the smallest of smirks rising to his beautiful mouth. He looks so smug, and the look would be really intimidating if it weren't for the cute little dimple in the side of his cheek.

I should be embarrassed by being called out like this, but alas, I am not because it has happened many times. I've told myself I'll stop with the shameless staring thing, but then I look at Harry again, and I really can't resist. Oh, well. It's a good thing he likes me too much to be creeped out, because I don't think I'll ever get used to how attractive he is.

"You're pretty," I shrug with a small grin and pick up my fork to begin my dinner.

Harry shakes his head, fighting the laugh I can see trying to escape, "Well, you're prettier."