Chapter 31 | Death

'I wanna make them scared
Like I could be anywhere
Like I'm reckless'

m(._.)m

I wake up with a banging in my head like no other, I look around and sigh thinking I'm back to square one. The thing that's different is that it's a different cage with no window, and I wasn't surrounded with loud men screaming.

As I look around, I notice another person stuck to a wall like I am, but suddenly the memories come back to me.

"Peter?" I harshly whisper.

Assuming he's still asleep, I start strategizing getting out again. I can't fight my way out with no weapons and a peter following me. I dragged Peter into this. I have to get him out before I think of myself.

As if on cue, I hear chains bumping together and Pete waking up.

"Peter, I know this sucks but you have to quiet down," I plead, scared of what they might do when they hear us.

"Where are we?" He stutters.

"I don't know, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," I whisper, scared he might hear my voice breaking.

"Why? Does this have to do with you? Are they the ones who shot you?" Before I can answer, they barge into the room with all kinds of torture devices and I see Peter's eyes go wide in panic.

"Please, just let him go," I plead. "He'll do you no good, he breaks easily, he doesn't even know my last name. He has no relation to me," i say desperately, tears almost coming to my eyes.

"Start with him, he's useless," the front man orders and suddenly Peter is surrounded.

"PLEASE!" I yell, hearing his screams for help as I stand there helpless, sobbing and just trying to tell him everything will be okay.

After hours of nonstop torture for Pete, they suddenly stop, my face showing no emotions as I've been listening to his screams for hours, my mind blaming me for all of this. I look up to see him unconscious. At first I sigh, thinking he passed out and at least he won't be hurting, then the guys tsk and leave his side.

"What.. wha-what.. why did you stop?" I ask, trembling.

"Man is dead, really was useless," the second I overhear the whispering they shared, I feel my heart stop for a second.

I make the mistake of looking over to his body, another stab to my heart. His skin was slashed, his nails were torn, skull looks broken from many places. My tears didn't stop me from getting the entire imagine in.

"Can we have the real fun now?" My eyes goes wide when everyone turns to me, pulling their daggers that are covered with his blood pointing towards me.

They don't take another chance before walking towards and I scream on top of my lungs when they start with my shoulder.

A c e

"Ace, i think we need a plan," Blake says for the millionth time.

"I finally found out where Ray is. Do you expect me to sit for another hour discussing how I'm gonna go there and kill everyone?" I say, my voice laced with rage.

"We don't even know if the source is correct. We should investigate, get the backups," he further explains.

"You!" I yell at a random boy staring at me. "Get the field men with me, if we don't come back in two hours, send more backups," I instruct, my eyebrows furrowed with anger. I can't think straight. "Happy?" I growl at Blake.

He sighs before nodding his head. "I'm coming with you though," he said, his eyes showing the worry he has for Ray. I take a moment to breathe, thinking about how hard Blake had it these past days. He had to keep everything going while trying not to worry about Ray. "I wouldn't have it any other way," I give a small nod.

R a y

I'm breathing heavily, my eyes tired, every part of my open wounds stinging, worst of all, Peter is dead because of me.

It's been less than an hour since they've started slicing me open, using me as a literal punching bag, making fun of me, but all I could think about is how they didn't close Peter's eyes when he died.

"That's enough," a new voice says, which is when I finally look up from Pete's body. A Hispanic looking man walks in with a disgusting smile, looks like the person who runs this place.

"Sir, she's not screaming anymore. We were gonna suggest using a bullet next so you came i—"

"We need her alive, you morons. Get out before I try a bullet on you," he says in a disgusted face.

When they all leave in a hurry, he takes a black chair and pushes it in front of me before sitting on it.

"This room smells like death," he scrunches his nose and my eyes fly back to Peter's.

He follows my eyes before chuckling. "Man, they really did have fun. Sorry about your friend kiddo," I just continue staring at Peter's once shiny brown eyes.

"Oh mija, you want me to throw him out or something so you're not distracted?" I glare at him when he says that, which seems to satisfy him.

"Glad I have your attention back, I'm guessing you don't know who I am. Antonio, nice to meet you," he extends his hand while I just stare at it. He seems to notice and laughs again, "your hand is in a chain, pardon my stupidity yeah?"

I didn't say anything.

"A quiet one? Didn't expect any less from King's girl," he moves to touch my cheek. "I'm glad they didn't ruin the cute face of yours."

"You're really cute honey," he smiles at me. "But you're going to have to die for this mission to work," suddenly, the air in the room felt heavier. However at that moment, death didn't sound as scary as any other day.